free hit
counters
squeaking front bushes - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

if my front bushes are squeaking (not sure which ones, but must be them because my front suspension spring and shock were installed two days ago and its still doing it) can i just lubricate the bushes with something to stop it?  The rubber is one the way out but there is still life there in them, what do i use?  Is Wurth rubber care ok?  or CRC dry PTFE spray? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The suspension is designed to work by twisting the elastomer of the bush. There should not be any rotation of the suspension arm around the bush or of the bush around the bolt so do not lubricate them. Are they OE bushes?

Hey Vuclan, yea im not sure about how they were installed....and SailorB  other thread on TLF seem to indicate that on Lotus and indeed any car at the bare minimum a rubber rejuvinator should be applied (perhaps not a lubricant in the grease sense of the word).   I have Wurth rubber rejuvenator which ive been told is good for something like my issue? ( and also your door seals etc etc)?

The workshop manual states that any lubricant used to install the bushes is a "suitable short term lubricant" to ensure that the bush does not remain lubricated and rotate.