free hit
counters
Droop! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

My Drivers door has started to droop a tad... as in when it shuts it doesn't shut cleanly. how does one go about tightening this to realign it correctly?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The hinges are accessed through trim panels at the front. There is a large nut holding each hinge, and they clamp onto some abrasive paper or cloth ( I actually used emery clioth when I fitted my doors) between the hinge and the bodywork. I'd try loosening the top one a tad and then jacking the rear of the door up a bit before retightening....another Lotus iterative process. Otherwise you could loosen it off, shut the door and ensure that the catch is giving you the correct panel gaps...then tighten up again and recheck. Bound to be a bit of fiddling....(!)

As above but also check the big nuts on the top and bottom of the door pin are tight they have a habit of working loose on the excel. Or the pin sizes in the door beam by tightening the two nuts you can un size the pin.

Many thanks guys, a bit of a fiddle with a spanner and were all fine now!