free hit
counters
Nearly There..... - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
cbclotus

Nearly There.....

Hi all .Just a quick up date on my radiator problems.On my se turbo esprit.Rad recorded to a three row.old rad was blocked .Had to tweak the fitting process.because of increased rad width.and also weld on new brackets to charge cooler.i have been waiting for mounts to get the rad back in .Bummer as it's a friend doing the work for me.Never thought it would take so long .lol.Merry Christmas to all....Mike

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi all .Just a quick up date on my radiator problems.On my se turbo esprit.Rad recorded to a three row.old rad was blocked .Had to tweak the fitting process.because of increased rad width.and also weld on new brackets to charge cooler.i have been waiting for mounts to get the rad back in .Bummer as it's a friend doing the work for me.Never thought it would take so long .lol.Merry Christmas to all....Mike

How often was the radiator coolant changed? 

Edited by lotusespritse

often I think.it was gummed up with something that looked like silicon .dont really know.Mike

Interesting and scary.  I wonder if it was old coolant hoses that deteriorated from the inside...

Did the stuff look like the inside of this hose at 56 seconds?  He does have a nice V8 behind him.

Edited by lotusespritse

hi philip.i think the guy who owned it before me put in k seal.The coolant was very clean.it was just that the rad was partly blocked.Should be going back in this weekend after recore...Mike