free hit
counters
Boot retrim - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

It's in the large boot board. Seems good value for all that compared to all the other bits I have bought.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I used a high temp contact adhesive that comes in a tin and brushed onto both surfaces letting it go off for 15 mins before mating them. Yes, the set from SJ includes the two quarter light carpets. I have one rectangular carpet left over so I think goes on the top of the engine cover on an S2 - which I don't need - so I'm guessing the set is universal S1/S2.

Is your battery under the RH quarter light or under the large boot board ?

I didn't haveanything left over Jon and I have the same set as you!

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Maybe its been updated since you bought yours so long ago Paul  :D

The kit contained 9 carpet pieces for :

2x quarter light boards 

2x strips either side of the engine cover extending out to the sides under the quarter lights 

2x wheel arch covers 

1 x bulkhead

1 x big section over the large boot board, out either side of the rear quarters folding up to cover the vertical boards at the back

1 x extra (???)  My guess is goes on top of the S2 moulded engine cover from reviewing Vin Taylors post here : http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/61366-sj-sportscars-s2-rear-boot-carpet/

I have done the boot and had the engine cover S2 carpet left over, which II then used to trim over the 1/4 window vent pipes!

Has anyone got a picture of an unmodified S2 engine bay with the sunken battery?

Has anyone got a picture of how the S1 boot boards should fit.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2015 at 16:58, jonroberts said:

Does anybody know if all of the engine bay area carpets are glued down to the boot boards or if any are left loose ?

Do you have any photographs of how your boot boards fit. I am about to fit a set from SJ, but have no old boards to show where they are supposed to go

IMG_4709.thumb.PNG.051e7d2369a829724c90c806650510dc.PNGIMG_4708.thumb.PNG.8b3d7cb8fb85edc3406c89cabd53b400.PNG

IMG_4706.thumb.PNG.e7c7c2fe309d23117f654bb9782615f4.PNGIMG_4707.thumb.PNG.f3eafd386c1d53f3045e2c0543d31375.PNG

There seems to be a lot of variation in these. You just need a secure flat surface. All of mine are glued except the rear carpet that goes up,the rear so if needed all the panels can be removed.

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 17:57, Tony K said:

post-907-0-78723300-1418577905.jpg

-

Anyone know where I can get one of these nylon bristle pads for the shelf side...

I think SJ's sells them, although if I recall they are black instead of translucent. 

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Any idea what they're called? 

I need two reciprocal versions for the window shelves.

@lotusfab what profile edging is used for the shelves? I seemed to remember yours looking rather neat.

On 17/07/2018 at 16:56, johnpwalsh said:

Has anyone got a picture of how the S1 boot boards should fit.

I have, but I can't post photos on here. I can email as I've done with @lotusfab a few times.

My boot boards are solid marine ply style.

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I have, but I can't post photos on here. I can email as I've done with @lotusfab a few times.

My boot boards are solid marine ply style.

Thanks David, that would be great.Please forward to.

[email protected]