free hit
counters
New addition to the family,Keep These Wheels or back to Original wheels? - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New addition to the family,Keep These Wheels or back to Original wheels?

post-14336-0-66499000-1418085301.jpgMy new baby,  Lotus Elan M100 :thumbsup:  :animier:

Back to original wheels  I am not so sure. I will take a vote on it. Keep them or go back, what do you guys think?

• Like 1

Club Lotus North East Scotland.

A North Of Scotland club for all Lotus car enthusiasts, all ages welcome, cars new and old, we are affiliated to the national Club Lotus. My Husband John and I run the Club Lotus North East Scotland and at present we have 85 members who mostly are all members of Club Lotus our parent club. ;) We are a small group of enthusiasts of Lotus cars based in the North East of Aberdeen, although we have members from as far afield as Perth Australia. We have no hard and fast rules and as a club only ask that our members respect the thoughts and freedom of other's and to respect wherever we visit or venture as a group under the Club Lotus BannerWe are officially recognised by the National Club Lotus and abide by the rules of the Lotus Club. Our main aim is to enjoy our vehicles, visit and support various shows and event's across the country and generally have fun with our cars.  We are a none profit making group and the only time you as members will be asked for any money will be to pay any fee's due for event attendance or maybe to chip in towards the cost of tea/coffee etc and that's about it. Please feel free to email with any comments, request's, idea's or plans, even if only for a chat or info request I am sure someone will be able to help or point you to someone who can. E-Mail. [email protected] Read more: http://clublotusnescotland.freeforums.net/thread/3/welcome#ixzz5142RUUyb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new baby,  Lotus Elan M100     Back to original wheels  I am not so sure. I will take a vote on it. Keep them or go back, what do you guys think?

Good to see another M100 in the fold. Nice looking car. Not a fan of the wheels myself, don't like the silver rim. If it has a brake upgrade you may not be able to get the original 15" rims over the b

Posted Images

Looks great! Like the wheels.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Hi Kimbers, this is the first run out with the cosmetically challenged one, Wendy's new toy. She loves the thing. Mechanically its pretty near perfect having had loads of dosh spent on her by the po but she has her faults in almost all othe departments as in. Freezing cold on the day the pic was taken and NO bloody heater on a 300 mile run, the usual laquer peeling on the boot lid and several electrical gremilns, but she is bloody swift of the mark having had loads of updates. Super chip, remapped, induction kit, de cated, sports exhaust, dump valve, bigger wheels and upgraded brakes. Wendy wants to get her back to original wheels etc but I am not so sure. I will take a vote on it. Keep them or go back, what do you guys think.

I am a purist John, so I must say I prefer the original wheels. My old man agrees, he liked it the way it was and is infact looking for one himself right now.

The wheels do look nice and if I was Joe Bloggs who knows nothing about Lotus's I'd say it looked great....which it does, it's just a matter of personal taste!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Original pls :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

OK, 3 - 0 for the wheels to go so far, anyone know of a set for sale at sensible prices as I have a huge layout over the next few months on cars, yep and all Lotus. I will have to have a look and see what make these 17" ones are and maybe get them punted on and save some cash on the new ones as bet your bottom dollar I will have to fork out for a set of tyres as well. I have seentwo different types on the Elan but dont know which are originals for her.

Good to see another M100 in the fold. Nice looking car. Not a fan of the wheels myself, don't like the silver rim. If it has a brake upgrade you may not be able to get the original 15" rims over the brakes. S2 16" wheels are like rocking horse poo. Wheels should have a 60mm offset or the handling will be affected.

Don't think it will have been de-catted (SE's didn't have a cat) :harhar: . Heater may be working, they don't normally get anything more than luke warm in normal driving. Electrical gremlins should be easy to fix. www.lotuselancentral.com is a good source of information on the m100 or drop me a PM

• Like 1

Have a set of standard 15" SE wheels that I may be persuaded to let go, PM me 

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Quite like the style but I think silver goes better with blue cars.  Why not just get them recoated that way the silver rim won't stand out.

The original type M100 wheels, that I have pictures of, are not so attractive, in my opinion.

Does that put the car among the pigeons?

• Gold FFM

Good to see another M100 in the fold. Nice looking car. Not a fan of the wheels myself, don't like the silver rim. If it has a brake upgrade you may not be able to get the original 15" rims over the brakes. S2 16" wheels are like rocking horse poo. Wheels should have a 60mm offset or the handling will be affected.

Don't think it will have been de-catted (SE's didn't have a cat)  :harhar: . Heater may be working, they don't normally get anything more than luke warm in normal driving. Electrical gremlins should be easy to fix. www.lotuselancentral.com is a good source of information on the m100 or drop me a PM.

Hi Andrew, the debate goes on with the wheels I have been offered at set of S2 wheels by another TLF member so may just make the change, as for the brakes, not had a real chance to check them yet but I do know the electrics are a nightmare, electronic door locks have a mind of their own, the electronic boot lock is us and the alarm hardly exists.

S2 wheels are like rocking horse poo, so if you like them and you can get them, then take them, they may not be offered again.

The electric boot lock is not standard, so someone has been at the electrics. Door locks are not normally a problem unless one of the micro switches is on its way out. 

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

She is having some improvements. electronic boot lock now replaced with a standard unit, door locks striped down and repaired but needs the little plastic gromet that holds the bar in place, electrical gremlins are slowly getting better. We were offered a set of wheels which we agreed to buy but the chap who had them has not been back in touch, pity.

• 3 weeks later...

Club Lotus North East Scotland.

A North Of Scotland club for all Lotus car enthusiasts, all ages welcome, cars new and old, we are affiliated to the national Club Lotus. My Husband John and I run the Club Lotus North East Scotland and at present we have 85 members who mostly are all members of Club Lotus our parent club. ;) We are a small group of enthusiasts of Lotus cars based in the North East of Aberdeen, although we have members from as far afield as Perth Australia. We have no hard and fast rules and as a club only ask that our members respect the thoughts and freedom of other's and to respect wherever we visit or venture as a group under the Club Lotus BannerWe are officially recognised by the National Club Lotus and abide by the rules of the Lotus Club. Our main aim is to enjoy our vehicles, visit and support various shows and event's across the country and generally have fun with our cars.  We are a none profit making group and the only time you as members will be asked for any money will be to pay any fee's due for event attendance or maybe to chip in towards the cost of tea/coffee etc and that's about it. Please feel free to email with any comments, request's, idea's or plans, even if only for a chat or info request I am sure someone will be able to help or point you to someone who can. E-Mail. [email protected] Read more: http://clublotusnescotland.freeforums.net/thread/3/welcome#ixzz5142RUUyb

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

OK so wheels on with new rubber, she's been and had a coat of paint and must admit, looks not to bad. Now have to find a new name for her as I can no longer call her the cosmetically challenged one. So votes please, Mrs W say it's her Blue Baby, euch.

The wreck

The yungun

The blimp

That thing.

Not that I don't like it, it's tuned and goes like stink, but it's just not an Esprit is it.

The Lotus? The blue car?

Oh...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Mrs W jut saw the posting and said arsehole, now I cant see BB anywhere in that statement or was she meaning me. LOL.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.