free hit
counters
Nitron 40mm NTR Fast Road/Track Day Suspension Kits now available for the Esprit - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Nitron 40mm NTR Fast Road/Track Day Suspension Kits now available for the Esprit

All right, I'd like to send out a feeler for the following:

Are there anyone with a mind of changing their suspension to the above, say the Nitron kit, or at least one which requires the rear spring perches to have the adaptors described by Travis, which he kindly send me a drawing for, who would be interested in buying a machined set?

As I've called Nitron, and they won't do any support to develop a kit that fits the Esprits propperly, nor will they accept the drawing from Travis for that same purpose, I felt this is the NeXT step in having propper suspension ready for the Stevens Esprit. Mine is a 1990 Turbo SE foru cylinder, hich have different spring perches tahn the later V8, is seems.

I am asking because prices here where I live are horrible, and I am therefore thinking about having say 10 set made, because the start up price is so steep.

The price? No idea as of yet. This is just a feeler if there would be anyone interested in the principal idea first.

So, if someone would like a set (probably not cheap), and I'll have them anodised silver or possibly another colour of choice, please step in here.

No commitment as of yet. Only a feeler to see if this have any walk on the Earth.

And is there are someone out there who can have similar sets made (in propper aluminium, and not in china) professionally for a fair (cheap) price, please tell me so, so I (we) could use that instead.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Okay, I'l let this question run the week out, then I'll make a decision on what to make (for myself).

Anyone interested?

Kind regards,

Jacques

Hmmmm.

The Nitron kit will fit the S4 and S4s, as I believe they’re notionally the same as the V8, and they do offer alternative spring rates. I did drive Trev’s Sport 350 (although not an extended drive, I was nonetheless grateful to Trev), and thought the suspension was better than my car. As were the brakes, but that’s another story.

Since then I haven’t bothered with them, as I’ve had too many other issues that need my attention, not least the brake conversion thing. And from what I’ve seen on TLF, the LOTAC suspension may not be without its fitting problems, and is even more expensive than the Nitron kit.

Although I’m struggling to understand Nitron and LOTAC prices, I will pay the money if the kit is good. However, Barry has a new spring and damper set-up awaiting fitting, so I’m waiting until he finishes the suspension on his S4s to see what he thinks about it before doing anything with Nitron or LOTAC.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

may not be without its fitting problems

It's not that it's difficult, just that it's undocumented. But now it's sorted. I just didn't check the ride height yet but it looks OK (in the lower setting). I will measure the ride height once I fit the new tires when I check the alignments.

The LOTAC Bilstein/Eibach set.

Mostly because while I like to think I can do a lot on the car mechanically speaking, on the other hand I suspect I won't be able to tune an adjustable set like the Nitron properly. Indeed I understand the basics of a suspension set up, but it's just the basics, and I think it would be impossible for me to find the best compromise for the road as I am not a test pilot. And of course Lotus is recognized as being a bit more knowledgeable on that subject than me anyway :lol:

• Like 1