free hit
counters
Nitron 40mm NTR Fast Road/Track Day Suspension Kits now available for the Esprit - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Nitron 40mm NTR Fast Road/Track Day Suspension Kits now available for the Esprit

All right, I'd like to send out a feeler for the following:

Are there anyone with a mind of changing their suspension to the above, say the Nitron kit, or at least one which requires the rear spring perches to have the adaptors described by Travis, which he kindly send me a drawing for, who would be interested in buying a machined set?

As I've called Nitron, and they won't do any support to develop a kit that fits the Esprits propperly, nor will they accept the drawing from Travis for that same purpose, I felt this is the NeXT step in having propper suspension ready for the Stevens Esprit. Mine is a 1990 Turbo SE foru cylinder, hich have different spring perches tahn the later V8, is seems.

I am asking because prices here where I live are horrible, and I am therefore thinking about having say 10 set made, because the start up price is so steep.

The price? No idea as of yet. This is just a feeler if there would be anyone interested in the principal idea first.

So, if someone would like a set (probably not cheap), and I'll have them anodised silver or possibly another colour of choice, please step in here.

No commitment as of yet. Only a feeler to see if this have any walk on the Earth.

And is there are someone out there who can have similar sets made (in propper aluminium, and not in china) professionally for a fair (cheap) price, please tell me so, so I (we) could use that instead.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Ian  The later S4s chassis rear spring mounts are different to the SE..   

@Jacques  I have a CAD drawing of my rear upper 2.5" spring perch adapter for my 89SE, and then the part number for the Energy Suspension spring isolators that I used.  You could talk to a local machi

or even send the drawing to Nitron and let them know it is required for the earlier chassis.

Posted Images

Hmmmm.

The Nitron kit will fit the S4 and S4s, as I believe they’re notionally the same as the V8, and they do offer alternative spring rates. I did drive Trev’s Sport 350 (although not an extended drive, I was nonetheless grateful to Trev), and thought the suspension was better than my car. As were the brakes, but that’s another story.

Since then I haven’t bothered with them, as I’ve had too many other issues that need my attention, not least the brake conversion thing. And from what I’ve seen on TLF, the LOTAC suspension may not be without its fitting problems, and is even more expensive than the Nitron kit.

Although I’m struggling to understand Nitron and LOTAC prices, I will pay the money if the kit is good. However, Barry has a new spring and damper set-up awaiting fitting, so I’m waiting until he finishes the suspension on his S4s to see what he thinks about it before doing anything with Nitron or LOTAC.

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

may not be without its fitting problems

It's not that it's difficult, just that it's undocumented. But now it's sorted. I just didn't check the ride height yet but it looks OK (in the lower setting). I will measure the ride height once I fit the new tires when I check the alignments.

The LOTAC Bilstein/Eibach set.

Mostly because while I like to think I can do a lot on the car mechanically speaking, on the other hand I suspect I won't be able to tune an adjustable set like the Nitron properly. Indeed I understand the basics of a suspension set up, but it's just the basics, and I think it would be impossible for me to find the best compromise for the road as I am not a test pilot. And of course Lotus is recognized as being a bit more knowledgeable on that subject than me anyway :lol:

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

This kit was developed for the V8 using a Sport350 so should fit out of the box. 

I can offer you a discount on this as a gold member if you wanted to order it via TLF?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, Bibs said:

This kit was developed for the V8 using a Sport350 so should fit out of the box. 

I can offer you a discount on this as a gold member if you wanted to order it via TLF?

Is there an even bigger discount for a bulk group buy of two sets by Gold Members? 😊

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

We can do you 10% off (which is a decent amount of lolly in real terms) as gold members! 3-4 weeks lead time currently chaps. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
23 hours ago, Bibs said:

We can do you 10% off (which is a decent amount of lolly in real terms) as gold members! 3-4 weeks lead time currently chaps. 

Hi Bibs,

That is very generous, thank you. I'll take a set please, how do I set about placing an order?

Do I need to talk with Nitron to make sure the springs supplied are correct for the Sport 350 or are they suitable as they come? If I do need to contact Nitron is there a contact name I should talk to in particular?

Last question, what discount are you offering on a full set of poly bushes ? 😇

And can I have them in blue to match the engine. 🤣

cheers

-Chris

I'll answer all those questions and sort a discount code when I'm back at work on Monday mate, just arrived in Bruges for a long weekend. 

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Bibs said:

I'll answer all those questions and sort a discount code when I'm back at work on Monday mate, just arrived in Bruges for a long weekend. 

Fair enough, no hurry. 

Have a great weekend. 😄

• Like 1

FFMNITRON

10% off for Gold members :thumbup:

Evora NA

Evora NA

Pop me a PM with the questions and I'll speak with their Sales Manager Mike :)

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

What is this strange language you are using Jacques? I know we claim to have the metric system in the UK but certain traditions will always be upheld, speed is in miles per hour and spring rates are in pounds per inch. 🤣

I am keen to know what rate they installed on @Trevsked's car since he is very happy with those. If they fall into the lower end I may opt for a slightly stiffer setup but need to think about it. It would be interesting to know how much the springs are on their own in case I make a mistake and need to change them.

@bibs that was more or less my question, however I was keen to make sure that I didn't need any additional components like spring seats to make sure it all fits correctly. 

• Gold FFM

@Jacques I found myself an online converter and I don't want to be too picky but I think your units should be Nmm. It looks like 60Nmm is about 340 lbs/inch.

70Nmm is about 400 lbs/inch which is quite a jump. 🤔

Here the converter I found.

https://norwestsuspension.com/convert-spring-rates

Yeps, but the 10 N/mm increases and vice versa is Nitron's answer to me when I called them. Sorry for the incorrect writing. So, looking at the Esprit Turbo 88' 22,8 n/mmfront and 27,5 N/mm rear. 1989 and SE is 29,1 N/mm front and 27,5 N/mm rear (with prodive spec). S4 si 36 N/mm front and 39N/mm rear. S4s is 41 N/mm front and 45N/mm rear. Sport300 is 43,2 N/mm front and 48,8 N/mm rear with a stiffened chassis with gearmaster cut out bracing and engine brace. Exactly what I have acquired. So inted to use data around that level. 60N/mm is Nitrons standard road spring rate and the same on their track day package, that's what I was told. I'll try them out, and if need be, swap it to something else.

Roger Becker who together with Alistair McQueen developed most of the Lotus Esprit suspensions said, that he (Roger) would NOT recommend progressive springrate, as you'll never know what the exact springrate is at any given time in any turn, as it varies quite much. Jsut a comment to take into consideration.

The X180R had roll cage, no engine brace and used 40,5 N/mm front and 31,0 N/mm rear.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)