free hit
counters
wires - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello all!

What is the easiest way to get a cable (RCA - nothing unusual) from the boot region to the driver's cabin?

A big festive 'Thanks',

Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Follow the rest of the cabling...iirc, it goes above or alongside the centre chassis tunnel, under the interior trim....

I fed my rcas and speaker wires over the fuel tanks, down behind the bulkhead and into the gap behind the rear speakers. Bit fiddly, but neat enough. I drilled a hole to get the rcas out alongside the speakers, they run under the carpet to the front.

Thanks for the info, Neil.  I would guess that one route would be to make a hole.  The cabin and the business-division seem to be different places altogether! 

I fed my rcas and speaker wires over the fuel tanks, down behind the bulkhead and into the gap behind the rear speakers. Bit fiddly, but neat enough. I drilled a hole to get the rcas out alongside the speakers, they run under the carpet to the front.

Following your method - I've removed the speaker behind the drivers seat.

Would you say to drill a hole in the 'plastic' behind the speaker mounting board?

Or would it be better to drill the hole from the engine side and feed the cable through and then try to get it as it makes its way down the cavity behind the speaker?

Cheers