free hit
counters
Twin exhaust outlets? - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Fabricated this centre exit for my S4 myself. Sounds fantastic. Getting the exhaust gas away quickly is helpful for performance but I'm sure the number of outlets is irrelevant.

Regards

Wayne post-16074-0-96419500-1422146708.jpgpost-16074-0-55239000-1422146679.jpg

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Body kit complete now..  Arches and spoiler..  Now it looks like I always wanted..  Wayne

Sorry mate, they're only available for yellow cars.

Ok, that confirms it. They're just for show.

Posted Images

Im starting wonder if making a SE into an s300 look alike is right or wrong? (This is where i find out the body parts are obselete) id really like a more modern looking esprit but dont think i could sell my car....

Andy judging from what you've posted about your car it seems to be a pampered example. Don't go cutting into the bodywork to fit the flared arches and whatnot. I've seen SE-300's up close and they're cool but the thing is that the SE was not MADE to accomodate the crazy wide tires of the Sport 300 - the chassis is as you know, from an S4, so it's rocking different geometry and power steering. It won't be the same experience. If I compare the feel of my V8 with its steering and setup to the SE it's worlds apart.

You'll be messing with your body work and placing unnecessary strain on your steering rack to boot. Just keep it original. The SE looks perfect as it is...

On the other hand it is your car so it's always your call on what happens to it, so if making it into a Sport 300 is what you want go for it.

If money allows it might be a better idea to get a cheap S4 and collect SE-bodykit parts over time, turning that into a Sport 300. I haven't actually seen anyone do that...

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Thanks for the kind comment Mike.

I think our cars have always looked fantastic Andy. And the SE is probably the easiest to convert to the S300 look if you ask me.

I understand the reasons for maintaining the standard factory original cars but... hey Colin was a modder.

I think there is probably more of an argument for keeping the G-cars original. However, when it comes to the S-cars I think they have to keep up with technology as far as is possible and they have to look like they are doing 150mph when standing still.

Just my opinion

regards

Wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

I think a Sport300 replica on a SE is still an SE. To me at least, the looks of the original Sport300 is a SE and a later chassis.

Much of that feeling on the SE can be adjusted by other geometry as per others description, incl. minimalizing understeer.

I will do that (no matter the Arches or not) when I change many parts of the suspension, which I am now gathering in a pile.

I run the V8 AWI Monobloc's and they require another setup to Work propperly. Same with my S4s/V8 Futura wheels, when they are finished.

Just to try and see what happened, a friend and I, moved my V8 Wheels on to his 1988 Turbo Stevens, and we went for a spin. No rubbing, no scraping, no funny steering, no problems at all, but a serious gluy feeling to the tarmac. Now, we could enhance the speed round and round and round in a ... roundabout... quite much more, he he. And his car is lowered. In fact we had to leave the roundabout because we got a Little Dizzy! Okay, we're old ;) but still.

Another thing is, even if I could (and had the permission), I would not add power steering. No way.

I absolutely agree that one should think carefully, before cutting those beautifull Arches on the SE.

Wayne: are you running standard Futura's with 285 wide rubbers, or 295 as per Sport350?

Nicely made exhaust!

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Hey Jacques,

Standard 285's. I may look at the alternatives when I need new rubber. Thanks for the comment about the zorst. I love the centre exit with the V8 valence.

Regards

Wayne

Edited by top-plumber

Well done Wayne, centre exhaust is great on the esprit!

and then together with these wheels,...........

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
On 25/01/2015, 00:38:36, top-plumber said:

Fabricated this centre exit for my S4 myself. Sounds fantastic. Getting the exhaust gas away quickly is helpful for performance but I'm sure the number of outlets is irrelevant.

Regards

Wayne post-16074-0-96419500-1422146708.jpgpost-16074-0-55239000-1422146679.jpg

What size are the original V8 exhaust end trims, 3 or 4 inch? I've purchased my rear centre outlet exhaust valance and have spoken to my exhaust man about converting my system. I've picked two three inch trims with angle rolled edge faces.

22884972200_49a3417cc9_z.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Here is mine with a polished magnaflow muffler, stainless piping (which has that nice heat bluing now) and Corvette C6 resonated exhaust tips. Sounds awesome...no more 4 cylinder sewing machine sound :devil:

image_url-1289-1265577797 (1).jpg

I think it depends upon the muffler...if you have a one in/two out muffler, theoretically, any back pressure would be reduced more readily with two exit points.  For me, I wanted the twin pipes because they had a resonators in them.

tips.jpg

Edited by Paul93Lotus
  • Gold FFM

That's a lovely rear you have there Paul!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

4 hours ago, Paul93Lotus said:

Here is mine with a polished magnaflow muffler, stainless piping (which has that nice heat bluing now) and Corvette C6 resonated exhaust tips. Sounds awesome...no more 4 cylinder sewing machine sound :devil:

image_url-1289-1265577797 (1).jpg

I think it depends upon the muffler...if you have a one in/two out muffler, theoretically, any back pressure would be reduced more readily with two exit points.  For me, I wanted the twin pipes because they had a resonators in them.

tips.jpg

This would look awesome on a V8 too...

Hmmm.......... :devil:

But then again. Two big pipes looks rather cool?

DSC_0101.thumb.jpg.abbbc6ed72252ca788ccc

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)