free hit
counters
clutch pedal effort vs Evora ? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DJW

clutch pedal effort vs Evora ?

Sat in an Exige S Roadster today and was shocked at the effort required to depress the clutch vs my old Evora. Reminded me of my old 997 GT3 .

So do I assume the clutch is different from the Evora even though same engine and gearbox ?

Dave

Edited by DJW

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would say that my Roadster clutch is a bit lighter than my Evora was, but both are fairly heavy.

I'vre driven 6-7 Exige V6's now and can't say I've noticed the clutch being heavy to be honest.

Hmmm well this car (circa 8k miles) was definitely substantially heavier than my Evora was, with a bit of squeaking going on too. . I would guess double the effort which would make me question the clutch on this particular car. Thanks for confirmation anyway.

I would say that my Roadster clutch is a bit lighter than my Evora was, but both are fairly heavy.

Well I would say the Evora was half the effort than a 911 GT3, so confirms my suspicions something wasn't right. Will have to pop in Silverstone sometime and try their V6's for confirmation.

Edited by DJW

I was going to suggest exactly that. At least that way you've a benchmark.

The clutch on my Exige is in my view light so like others feel perhaps the car you tried my need some attention.

Trevor.