free hit
counters
Esprit V8 Ruby Red T912 ONG - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
peter russell

Esprit V8 Ruby Red T912 ONG

Hello every one ,,Has my V8 have a new owner yet , it was my car I traded in for a Evora from Stratstone's of Leicester . I would love to know .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I saw it a few times in their showroom, but the place has closed down in the past couple of weeks (along with the Triumph dealership).

That's really sad news as I bought my Evora from there and they were great. I even saw Peter's old Esprit in there having manifold bolts redone. Does anyone know if this is a temporary closure or permanent?

Oh, that is a shame. I glad I got an excellent service from them at the time.

Went to look at this Esprit quite a while ago but the colour wasn't for me.

Since seen it on various auctions with guide prices on first few around the £24-26k and the latest was unsold at £18-22k guide price in Dec. 10% buyers fees made my eyes water when I gave it a moments thought mind.

Edited by GhostWKD

where about do you see these cars?  What auction sites?

I'm an the hunt for an Esprite but keeping my options open - anything from good SE - up to (cheap) V8.  Red prefereably..

Thanks

Edit.... should have looked before I typed - just seen it.

Unsold - I wonder how I could contact the "owner"?

Edited by Grahaml

Hi peter I bought the v8 from stratstones and think we spoke on the phone it's since been sold through the auction house britewells in Leominster after stratstone had to give me my money back after taking nearly 12 months to try to fix it .hope the new owner is fastidious and knows the v8 well because the motor needs to be rebuilt (stratstones didn't reseal the liners) and the cats are scrap particularly the Lhs which has the inners loose . The heads have been welded up to repair damage caused by drilling the studs out too deep into the oil jacket the list goes on .......real shame loved the car hope it gets a proper repair ! Regards john

Wow  - Im glad I didn't buy it then!!  I was very tempted to put a bid in thinking it might be a bargain.  I see it sold for I think £19,500.  What put me off as much as anything was the auction house fees - 10% (plus another 1% if I bid remotely) - so potentially winning it at £19,500 would really cost £21,645.

If the engine really does need a rebuild that's not good news for whoever bought it.  

Ack........ Would not be something you would want to find out, I would think.

Hi peter I bought the v8 from stratstones and think we spoke on the phone it's since been sold through the auction house britewells in Leominster after stratstone had to give me my money back after taking nearly 12 months to try to fix it .hope the new owner is fastidious and knows the v8 well because the motor needs to be rebuilt (stratstones didn't reseal the liners) and the cats are scrap particularly the Lhs which has the inners loose . The heads have been welded up to repair damage caused by drilling the studs out too deep into the oil jacket the list goes on .......real shame loved the car hope it gets a proper repair ! Regards john

Hello John, I am so sorry it when tall wrong for you, it's strange as I said ,I had it all the years with out any trouble ,I loved that car .

Have you found another car ?

Hi peter I've bought a evoque but I'm on the lookout for a late v8 with round lights or a evora s .I would buy the old girl back but it needs to be cheap enough to take it to a proper lotus garage and get them to repair it properly ,problem is I know that car inside out now ! How are you getting on with the evora ? Does it thrill like the esprit ?i love the lazy raw power of the v8 !!! I nearly bought the car that top gear took to the Falklands but despite being low mileage the underneath was very furry and needed extensive powdercoating which they wouldn't nock the price down enough for it to be done .now it's wrecked of course regards john

I have it on good authority the topgear lotus is snuggled up in a lock up back in the uk

anyone buying it yet

Hi Barry thought they had to leave the cars ? After the Fracas

Would make a great project car .......interesting ,more details if you have them regards john

All for the cameras - don't reckon the cars will see the light of day for the next 5 years or so to be honest

Hi peter I've bought a evoque but I'm on the lookout for a late v8 with round lights or a evora s .I would buy the old girl back but it needs to be cheap enough to take it to a proper lotus garage and get them to repair it properly ,problem is I know that car inside out now ! How are you getting on with the evora ? Does it thrill like the esprit ?i love the lazy raw power of the v8 !!! I nearly bought the car that top gear took to the Falklands but despite being low mileage the underneath was very furry and needed extensive powdercoating which they wouldn't nock the price down enough for it to be done .now it's wrecked of course regards john

Yes I love the Evora as much as the Esprit , I must admit the more modern feel of the Evora is better and the ride is so much smoother.

You are not far from me at MK you are welcome to visit for a chat ,and see if you like my Evora better than the V8 ?

Thanks peter that would be great! is it a s ? And when is convenient ? Regards john

I would love to get the top gear esprit and give it some TLC, im no expert but would soon learn, it hurt watching them trash it