free hit
counters
insurance - Lotus Insurance - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

insurance

theelanman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nooooo!! :no

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I have sort of sorted the problem.....

the car was listed incorrectly........

phew....back to normal and what I had been quoted for the other Evoras Id been looking at

its gonna be Classicline I think....

I have my Elans with them....so in due course I'll try to get them all to a multi car policy

thanks

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Nooooo!! :no

Oh yes, reversed into in the Car Park, passenger side of the nose cone, loads of stress cracking in the paint just under the headlight.

Not sure how much hidden damage there is, so she'll be off back to the repairers again....

She will have spent more time with ABL than me at this rate.

Chap who did it is a new driver, didn't realize what he had done and unfortunately for him he works for me... so lots of micky taking has ensued.

Tris...

See the other recent thread on the same subject.  Only weeks old.  I went with Direct Line as did others and very cheap. Offshore at present so will struggle with download speed to find link myself and post.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I used the comparison feature on topcashback http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/cashbacklink which gets you £40 cashback (just search for car insurance)

From memory I paid around £300 for FC protected NCD for 12k business miles, on the Evora S.

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Al

I did a quick search and didn't spot the other thread.....oops sorry

Direct line wouldn't insure me......

Basically 2nd car so no NCD......

It'll be around the £500 mark....looking at it....

Thanks

G

Ok.......Erm I still can't find the other thread....

Anyway E-sure multi car was the way forward......

£250 fully comp for the Saab aero daily driver

£350 fully comp for the Evora....only condition was miles to be under 10k

I was paying £300 for the Saab anyway... then my present insurers don't do multi car but would do me the Evora with zero no claims at £1300......

So I'm paying £600 instead of £1600

No brainer really......lol

I gave my EP3 Type R to my girlfriend, and got her insured through Esure Multicar, one of the other benefits that came with it was they give your partner your NCB, if it is more than their own.

So she suddenly went from 5 years NCB to 12 years NCB, plus a 10% discount on both Car's policy.

I think it's costing her £200 to insure the Type R and me £300 odd for Ethel's.

No-one could compete with that.

Tris...

Expect most people realise this, but adding your partner as a driver usually drops the price of the quote.

Obviously some stats somewhere proves those who share their car are safer bets ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 1 month later...

Lilly, that's great but Need to Insure are just an insurance broker so be careful with which company you're actually insured with as there are some good ones and some bad ones out there. You'll probably only get to find out which yours is when you make a claim.   :handy:

• 2 months later...