free hit
counters
Happy Christmas and will you be using your car tomorrow - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Happy Christmas and will you be using your car tomorrow

Mike6

Happy Christmas to everyone - just starting on my first beer of the afternoon/evening !

Going out for a meal on Xmas day to a local pub, first time ever, just cannot make up my mind whether or not to get the Esprit out of the garage. Will you be using yours tomorrow and does anyone know whether the breakdown services will be operating - that could be a clincher.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Non-galvanized chassis + salt on the roads = Esprits put in storage for the winter!   We've had a couple of mild winters where the roads were clean on Christmas and New Year's, and I really enjoyed driving my Esprit those days.  :)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Happy Christmas Mike!

Nope - mine in garage with trumpets off.

Anyway, intend to be half anaesthetised all day. (I'm 1/4 way there already) - I'm drivin' nowhere! :busted cop:

Lunch out will be fun, I've never done that either. We are just at ours, as usual.

I usually do all the cooking myself - gives me a great excuse to be away from the craziness and nearer the booze :cheers:

Turkey is looking worried.......

as it should.

• Like 2

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Merry Christmas to all.

Looks like it could be a lovely day for a drive tomorrow, no recent salt on the roads either, I might see if I can treat myself.

• Like 1

Would have loved to be using the car but it let me down last weekend. Throttle cable snapped on Acton high St.... At a junction, outside a pub. Not the best. Spent 3 hours trying to reattach/improvise but to no avail. Sat in the pub and waited for the AA. Whom then recovered me the 3 miles home!

Cheap fix u know but very irritating.

• Gold FFM

Mine's half full of fuel and stinks, so I guess I should use some of it tomorrow before someone throws a fag at it. Will investigate the leak a bit later.

Happy Holidays!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Nope, won't be using it, as I 'm in bed with fever, and it's stored in the Winter time. Anyway, I am about to make the usual pile of Winter Projects, so it's about to be taken apart.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everyone here and all of your families.

Merry Christmas,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

It's quite a nice day here....however, I woke up over any limit one might care to impose, and then started on the champagne....with scrambled eggs/smoked salmon/capers and toast.... so the beastie stays in her lair!! Just about to put the lobster tails in the oven....they'll take care of the rest of the fizz...then on to a pot roast shoulder of lamb with a bottle of Pommard...followed by grandmother's grandmother's recipe Christmas pudding.... And that should take care of the day!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Merry Christmas to Loti everywhere. 

I just finished listening to the Jethro Tull Christmas Album and it reminded me of a photo I'd seen years ago. I'm off to the family gathering in an hour, but I think I'll leave the blow-up doll behind.

Ian%20Santa%20%28naughty%29.jpg

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Merry Christmas to Loti everywhere. 

I just finished listening to the Jethro Tull Christmas Album and it reminded me of a photo I'd seen years ago. I'm off to the family gathering in an hour, but I think I'll leave the blow-up doll behind.

Ian%20Santa%20%28naughty%29.jpg

"Conscience" is the inner voice that warns us that someone might be looking. "Self-respect" is the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious.—H. L. Mencken :unworthy: 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!