free hit
counters
Traded up to an Exige - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
goussama

Traded up to an Exige

Greetings all,

After months of mulling over whether I should trade my Evora S for a Solar Yellow Exige V6 Roadster I decided to just go through with it. I thought I might regret it but in fact I'm more than happy with this decision. The suspension is great and comfort is more than I expected. Obviously trading to an Exige I took into account that it simply won't be a daily driver like the Evora was, but I don't mind I have another car. Definitely needs a spoiler a splitter will get one soon. Had the Xpel protective film applied, it looks great.

I got this car last week and I was finally able to take it to a nice mountain cruise on Christmas day with some friends and it was fantastic. This car makes the Evora feel like a Lexus. Pictures below, enjoy!

IMG_7567.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7595.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg

IMG_7600.jpg

I got the car in premium pack sport but I honestly wanted to cover all the aluminum in the car with carpeting, personal preference, so the dealership got it done for me, they added a nice touch of yellow stitching on the footwell divider if you pay attention.

IMG_7244.jpg

Some pics to enjoy

IMG_7475.jpg

IMG_7403.jpg

and finally, to all those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas!

IMG_7593.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice, congratulations. I'm just about to write a feature on the Xpel, it's amazing stuff!

Wow looks amazing and in great company too

Buddsy

Looks great, I'm loving mine even though still running in. The weather looks better where you are!

Great photos, the bright colours certainly suit the environment !! If only christmas day could be half as glorious in the uk

By the way, I really think this is a feasible daily driver, the manual is easy to deal with and the lack of power steering is not as bad as initially thought. I can't talk about long distance driving but I don't see why it wouldn't be competent at those journeys as well. Actually the main thing I find annoying in comparison to an Evora is a lack of place to put things, specially my iPhone 6 Plus which is so big there's no where to place it! But suspension, seats, etc...I can't believe how good it rides

Btw guys I went to a restaurant now and I tried to lock the car and it wasn't locking it was giving like 3 beeps when I lock it. The passenger side locks fine and the drivers side goes down to about 80% and dosnt really lock. Has this issue been encountered before?

Have you checked that the front hatch is properly closed? Might be worth opening and closing it again. I think it has catches at each side and the middle.

You were actually right, the front hatch had the side very slightly open upon close inspection I opened it and closed it properly, now it locks fine. Odd security feature if you ask me, I was pretty saddened to believe that the car is getting its Lotus niggles so early on. Thanks Neal!

Its not a niggle, the triple beep is to tell you you're about to walk away with a door or hatch left open.