free hit
counters
No oil pressure gauge light and wiper bottle dumping into footwell! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
benjamincalleja

No oil pressure gauge light and wiper bottle dumping into footwell!

Hey guys! Two problems. Firstly the oil pressure gauge light went out so I figured it was the bulb. I assume the lotus position and take the binnacle out and change the bulb. Nothing. I check all connections. Nothing. Weird thing is that every other light in the dash works and the oil,pressure gauge itself works. What could it be??? Second thing: my wiper bottle has decided to start dumping the water into the passenger footwell when I try to clean the windscreen. Weird thing here is that the tubes are still both connected on passenger and drivers side and the tubes don't feel perished at all. So I figure the leak must be behind the radio somewhere? Where do the water lines go? Do I need to take the damned interior apart to fix this??! Not a happy day...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is a t junction in there as well for the wiper pipes where it splits to feed each washer and sadly you will have to just chase it through start to finish  to find it. Have fun!!!  If its the original pipe I would just replace it all the way through then its done.

yea i just saw in the parts manual that there is a t piece there.  the passenger side has obviously flown off the t piece.  do you or anyone know how to access the t piece without taking the dash apart?  Could i reach it by removing my radio?  any ideas RE the oil pressure light?  Im stumped RE the light if the gauge itself is working and every other light/gauge is working?

Does the light illuminate before switch on (self test).

One wire from the oil pressure sensor feeds the pressure tto the oil pressure gauge (analog signal). The second wire from the sensor is the low pressure warning switch (pressure under 1.4 bar when engine is running or engine off ignition on to check the light) on/off function. If you need schematics about this section let me know .

The oil pressure warning light is controlled via the rpm relay, to prevent it coming on below 1600rpm. So I'd start by checking that relay. Ff the light comes on at startup, if not, the problem must be in wiring/bulb.

Take the seat out and maybe the glove box and follow the pipe. Through until you find it by touch if you can't see it. Not easy but you can do it.