Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 66 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

First test drive yesterday, and got back in one piece. Result.

And the car?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Wikkid, looking forward to a test drive. :animier:

Oh, and the production kit, naturally.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

10 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Am I expecting a courier delivering a kit to me tomorrow now??

What? You mean you haven't got it yet?

Vladimir from Hermes said he'd delivered it, looks like someone called Mrs Kearley signed for it, so I can only imagine it must be there somewhere.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

11 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

First drive out, Classic & Chips at Minnis Bay. Superb turnout.

The friend of mine I'm chatting with in the photo has had a succession of classics, but usually brings his XK120 along. Last night he pitched up in a road-going 1966 TVR Griffith which he bought a few months ago. He says it's 'interesting to drive', given the very short wheelbase and about 350bhp, but the exhaust sound is delectable. His missus she hates it because the ride is abysmal, but also because he sold her convertible 944 to help fund it.

6DB8397F-C7A5-4646-9E2A-0215786F98B1.jpeg

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Kudos, mate, an outstanding job.  I look forward to seeing it, and sourcing the kit for an upcoming High Wing.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Had a decent fast run out up the dual carriageway this afternoon, and had to use the brakes to avoid some twat. Perfect result, no pulling to one side like before, or brown-trouser ABS moment. I can only imagine that the Delco was the culprit for the previous inconsistency.

I’ll check everything tomorrow, but it sounds like the knocking behind the seat is back again. I can only think it’s the bulkhead, I cannot find anything else that could cause it. Bloody annoying, as everything else seems to work fine.

And I found a couple of photos of my mate’s TVR from Tuesday’s meeting.

0AE49C0D-632B-42AB-A75E-59FD69D48FC3.jpeg

0812CF00-D76D-4EEB-B112-7315DD03070B.jpeg

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
57 minutes ago, Sparky said:

That'll double the time on your gearbox job.

Tip of the day. Luckily this ones missing an invoice for a refurbished gearbox - so fingers crossed she will be ok for a while.......that’s fate tempted

Only here once

9 hours ago, cbclotus said:

Hi Ian .your car looks great .A credit to you ....Mike

Thanks Mike, but I can’t take all the credit for it, Shan’s also put a lot of her time into it looking nice, she fitted the carpets that SteveV8 made for us and is the head of the *C.A.T. Squad. She also gets tucked into mechanical stuff when I let her near it, so it’s very much a joint effort.

*Cleaning And Tidying.

Margate Exotics.