Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 68 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Looks like the Watford office will be fully committed to Delco-Moraine crisis management for the foreseeable future.  Any news from the Farmyard division? 

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Commissioned today - a couple of days tying up loose ends and that’s me done. Next shed starts 18/06. So other than a few jobs I’ve been putting off for a while - I can now slow down a bit.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Or buy another shed.

A new garage is on the cards. Just one Planning application I’m waiting for to clear the way.

2 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Or something useful, like, say, a brake conversion.

Now - that’s a brilliant idea. If only I knew where to source such a thing

Only here once

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

A new garage is on the cards. Just one Planning application I’m waiting for to clear the way.

That's not the kind of shed to which I was referring.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

@Steve V8 you may want to avert your eyes. I shall do my best to ensure it’s an invisible repair. I got both the plates out, so now I need to fabricate some new spreader plates and see if I can cushion it with some thin 1mm rubber insertion.

I have to say this is not Lotus’s finest hour. There are better solutions to keeping things rigid, but we’re stuck with what we have now!

84D17590-9FA7-4EBB-A2BD-F438BCFF63D6.jpeg

99CCE34E-0347-44D0-BF3F-138B958230E4.jpeg

• Sad 1

Margate Exotics.

Are your bolts soldered to the plate? (not too sure from the photos)
I may have tried to install the washers or a rectangular plate in the engine compartment first, maybe you didn't need to remove those from the plywood?

18 minutes ago, Giniw said:

Are your bolts soldered to the plate? (not too sure from the photos)
I may have tried to install the washers or a rectangular plate in the engine compartment first, maybe you didn't need to remove those from the plywood?

No, they’re loose, not soldered.

I’m going to make new, thicker, plates, and increase the bolt diameter to M10.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
  • Gold FFM

Nicely cut, if you're not entirely happy with it when finished, perhaps a tidy cover would look better and enable access in the future if required. 

5 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

There are better solutions to keeping things rigid, but we’re stuck with what we have now!

I find that naked women work better for me rather than abusing beautiful carpets. As for rubber insertions...now we're going in a different direction Ian...

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)