free hit
counters
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 33 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Ian's S4s refurb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

The heater controls ? Can that be moved to the top or the bottom of the frame ?? I'd love to fit a double din unit and it's in the way !

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EModifications/stereo.html

It is possible.

• Like 1

Esprit Freak

11 hours ago, ian29gte said:

hardly any noticeable grain at all

If it's been reconnollised with something like Liquid Leather and someone was a little heavy handed and used a few thick layers rather than lots of very light ones, you'd lose the grain. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Suppose if I can find a connection in the engine bay for a sensor, I could ring it out?

Sure it would work. On the older cars, the gauge only has ignition 12V, earth and a single wire directly to the sensor, easy enough to retrofit! And a very good idea to!

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

With the exception of the door cards and the carpet, all the interior has been removed. Thank God that that. The plastic cant rails are both broken, and the front header rail is also cracked, not by me, though. Anyone got any suggestions on repairing them, I'm all ears, otherwise I'm thinking roughen up the surface, and try to bond some GRP onto the backs.

Another thing - the handbrake gaiter looks to be stitched on around the hand grip. does anyone know how I can get that off before I end up cutting it?

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

They fit individually into shaped holes in the centre console chassis. Does that help?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Must I do all the work? Section 14.08A refers. Have a butchers at that and you'll see what Sparky is on about. As for moving it, nothing is impossible, it might need s bit of jiggery-pokery, though. The frame does come out once you've disconnected the controls, and unbolted it.

What are you planning on putting in the double DIN hole?

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Is that plate welded on ?? 

16 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

Must I do all the work?

What are you planning on putting in the double DIN hole?

Yes - just to prove you've actually taken it out !! Dunno what's going in the hole yet - probably some cheapo Chinese thing off eBay once the giro lands Thursday ?

Only here once

• Gold FFM

On a brighter note, not only can I see the wiper mechanism now, I can also see the wiper motor itself!

I realise that this could be a false dawn, and no doubt the Watford Wizard will scoff disdainfully, but one has to take one's little pleasures when one can.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, ian29gte said:

On a brighter note, not only can I see the wiper mechanism now, I can also see the wiper motor itself!

I realise that this could be a false dawn, and no doubt the Watford Wizard will scoff disdainfully, but one has to take one's little pleasures when one can.

Keep tunnelling, you're almost out :ph34r:

Not worth starting anything now...🍺