free hit
counters
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 74 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

12 hours ago, tomcattom said:

How are the LEDs shaping up?

They lined up OK, I’ll be at the Classic & Chips meeting Wednesday night, so should be able to test them then.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

How do those do for long distance? Most of the LED stuff I've seen has great fill and brightness in the foreground, but lose intensity for main beam throw.  I'm well beyond rural, with black bears and moose going bump in the night, so the main beams are my focus.  I'd love to convert, but would need to best  the 100 watt halogen bulbs I'm running now before I did.

1 hour ago, snowrx said:

How do those do for long distance? Most of the LED stuff I've seen has great fill and brightness in the foreground, but lose intensity for main beam throw.  I'm well beyond rural, with black bears and moose going bump in the night, so the main beams are my focus.  I'd love to convert, but would need to best  the 100 watt halogen bulbs I'm running now before I did.

Not sure what else I can say Thomas, except what I said earlier. Hook up the four headlamps for main beam, and it’s simply astonishing. I wouldn’t say that if I didn’t believe it. I drive a brand new Ford, and the lights are better than that.

Oh, and don’t go into those woods on foot, I have it on good authority that bears shit in them.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

Spent some time in my favourite place yesterday, underneath the Esprit. Earlier, I'd found one of the dampers leaking, so decided to order a new pair. Looking at the date codes, the originals had been fitted a long time ago, maybe as long as 17 years, so they'd done well. Aside from the odd extension arrangement at the top of the damper rod, it was one of the easiest jobs I've done on the car, which made a nice change. Subsequent drive proved the new units made for a more controlled damping, and the knocking noise that I was hearing when driving over bumps has disappeared. Result.

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4341.jpg

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Are they Gaz shocks or something else with a similar colour scheme?

This something that will no doubt need doing in mine in the fullness of time, if not already!

38 minutes ago, tomcattom said:

Are they Gaz shocks or something else with a similar colour scheme?

This something that will no doubt need doing in mine in the fullness of time, if not already!

Gaz dampers. A relatively easy job, and not expensive, either.

32 minutes ago, fjmuurling said:

Was it a straight swap? Original springs or...............?

Yes, straight swop, using the original springs.

Margate Exotics.