free hit
counters
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 83 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We finished off the wiring for the new heater solenoid, and a big thanks to @swindon_alan for his tracking skills in locating a suitable on/off switch. A wrap of insulating tape, was sufficient to pac

Hoisted the engine up, flywheel and clutch bolted on. The usual problems with lining up, but I finally got the gearbox mated to the engine, and lowered into position. The wife directed the pre and pos

Right, the winter 2017 refurb thread is now open for business. First up, gearbox removal. Despite having taken good care, the new rear crank seal I fitted started to leak. In fact it leaked more

Posted Images

And that's a scientific fact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Looks like a bit of @Barrykearley mini trunking though will lend him a square at some point and explain the complexities 

Looks very neat and tidy Ian. The crinkle finish on the cam covers and chargecooler has come up a treat but the looks of it. If I can get mine even half way to that standard I'll be happy.

I've got to do something about the rats nest the previous owner called the wiring loom at the back of the engine on mine at some point - not looking forward to trying to sort that lot. Will probably wait and deal with that when I do the belts on mine for the first time this coming winter.

Esprit's up, dude.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

30 minutes ago, Steve V8 said:

Perfection

Well ... almost, actually: I just noticed the charge cooler plug is painted red, and I think it should not? Fortunately it's not too hard to fix ^^

• Haha 1

Was the Spirt level on the wall setup to aid with getting the engine level?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

2 hours ago, red vtec said:

Was the Spirt level on the wall setup to aid with getting the engine level?

If you don’t get it level, your skis will fall off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Margate Exotics.