free hit
counters
Brake pads - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hope everyone had a nice stress-free Christmas. My winter job this year is a brake caliper overhaul, new seals, pads etc. Should I go for 'Green stuff' pads. Are they poor for normal driving until warmed up, do they chew the discs or should I stick to the standard pads. I will probably do one track day this year. What would you recommend? Cheers Roy.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I been using green stuff on the esprit for over 10 years. No issues. But no track days either.

I fitted Green Stuff to my S4s & found they worked better then the ones they replaced & I had no issues with them :o

Greenstuff are ok if you take it easy and don't push on, they'll probably fade after a lap and if that's at the end of a particularly fast straight, well...

Ok for street driving if you are Miss Daisy.

I would use Ferodo DS2500 as it sounds like you aren't going berzerk. These will surprise you, they are a whole magnitude better and more confidence inspiring. Good for daily use too

If you do go spastic, DS3000 are the pads but they are race compound so may squeek and will certainly eat the discs but by golly you'll know about it when you hit the anchors!

My Esprit came with either red stuff or yellow stuff (can't remember off the top of my head). They have good initial bite but forget about emergency stops when they are cold!

Edited by cammmy

Thanks for the info, I think Ferodo DS2500 is what I am looking for. Next question is where can I buy them (I drew a blank on the web). Does anyone have part numbers for front and rear (Stevens X180 Turbo 1988) still on the original calipers---Bendix I presume. Cheers Roy.