free hit
counters
S3 6 years off road needs to be back on it ! - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Flipper

S3 6 years off road needs to be back on it !

I was horrified to discover that my S3 has been off the road 6 years so ive decided to do something about it.

its been stored on ramps in a dry garage all that time and seems in good condition but .... Im guessing that the cambelt needs replacing and thus the engine needs to come out ...and the brake calipers are at least seized at some level (but I have pushed her around in recent months)

any suggestions before I mess the whole thing up !?

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can change the cam belt with the engine in situ, so, first get all the belts changed, fresh oil & fuel in her & with a fully charged battery turn the key & see what happens. :o

Let us know how you get on :thumbup:

Where are you? Someone local may be willing to offer some practical support if it was required

just outside of Guildford

I may need some help in fact I will need some help ... or I could simply take it to Bell and Colville or lakeside and pay up for the mis-deed that ive committed of not driving the car!

Im John. Dont take the engine out. Either do it your self but there is no shame taking to B&C and getting her recommissioned. If you can it will prob be easier.

Buddsy

Hi Phil

The years do seem to fly by don't they. Mine had been off the road for 5 years when I moved back to the UK, and despite wanting to recommission my Esprit, things always seemed to get in the way. Finally bit the bullet in 2012, and don't regret it for one bit.

I go to GST in Newmarket, he reconditioned the car (very quickly) and continues to keep it in fine fettle. Give Gerald a call, he will collect it and he does look after a hell of a lot of Esprits,

Chris

• Like 1