free hit
counters
LF1 Steering Wheel - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Just been looking at the number 16 LF1 that Murrays have for sale and in their photographs of the car. It shows that the steering wheel is the premium one that is fitted to Delands car.

My car has a standard wheel, did they run out of the premium wheel during production and are these being fitted again.

If so are we able to get the premium wheel fitted onto the ones that  didn't get the premium wheel, because in the sales brochure it clearly states the premium wheel.

also what is the price difference between the two ?

Edited by Fortis

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I am getting a new steering wheel. My dealer complained at Lotus and they sent it already. Maybe there was a lack from the supplier.

• Like 1

I realised they were shipping with the standard wheel when I was considering the LF1.  All promo shots show the Premium wheel (and it clearly states premium in the personalised book that comes with the car as I found out when I got my goodie pack).  I made signature of the order dependant upon them promising the premium wheel would be on the car.  JCT600 werre great and arranged this with Lotus.  I'd already priced a premium wheel jut in case............. wait for it............. £850!!!!!

I believe some have complained and had the premium wheel sent on afterwards, a result as I believe they got to keep both.

Not complaining as the same scenario happened to me with the Trofeo tyres.

My attempt to get the rear plastic engine cover (as shown on the promo shots) out of Lotus continues...... unsuccessfuly so far!

What is the difference between a standard and premium steering wheel? I've no idea what my Roadster has!

Recessed horn buttons.

Ok so I have had the steering wheel replaced for the premium one, and I must say I really like it. Feels much nicer and the hand grip part fits my hands far better than the cheaper wheel, the horn push buttons being recessed are an improvement too you are far less likely to accidentally press them. I did find this a problem in my S2 whilst on track. 

• Like 1

Yes the buttons are a problem. I was told when on tuituion that if you press the buttons then you are holding the wheel correctly!