free hit
counters
New Years first drive out tomorrow (Sunday 4/1/14) - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

New Years first drive out tomorrow (Sunday 4/1/14)

As per title we are starting as we mean to go on for 2015! Weather is looking ok for tomorrow so we are meeting at Denham Esso service station UB9 4DF at 08:00 and will finish at MBW Brooklands circa 10:00. Anybody wishing to join are welcome either at the start or for coffee at he end.

Trevor.

1/ Trevsked

2/ Sparky

3/ Internets

4/ Sizona

I'll get around to it at some point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In that case I "might" put you in charge (temporarily) of that run. Trevor.

I very nearly turned up this morning as most weekends I'm with the missus in Tring. It was only because I had such a crap nights sleep that when the alarm went off at 6:50 I just turned it off and we

Posted Images

I've been away for so long, nobody's got a bloody Esprit any more...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Wild stab in the dark.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Bit far out for me but will join you any time you head north or north east

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

We'll head your way on the next run Pete, that Silver Spoon Cafe or whatever it's called sounded a good venue.

Trevor.

Change of plan for the end point, no longer MBW s scratch that. I can tell you and spoil the mystery if you like?

Trevor.

We'll head your way on the next run Pete, that Silver Spoon Cafe or whatever it's called sounded a good venue.

Trevor.Change of plan for the end point, no longer MBW s scratch that. I can tell you and spoil the mystery if you like?

Trevor.

Silver Ball?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Tease.

Yeah, Silver Ball. That's a nice run.

Wow.  I can barely contain myself.

Excellent run out (albeit misty and a little icy early on), incorporating lesser-known roads of Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire and Surrey, and arriving at Mercedes Benz World, where we were invited to participate in a bit of publicity on the track for Continental winter tyres.  Then on to visit Roger Moore (TLF member) and his impressive car collection.

Most impressed, Trev.  You certainly know how to throw a party.

Why thank you kind sir, poor visibility grounded the Lancaster, Spit and Hurricane but thats how it goes sometimes. Great to get you fellas out for a drive and back a little later than planned so must have been enjoying ourselves.

Trevor.

A rose between two thorns.  How times have changed...

IMAG0436_zpsf86cbcdd.jpg

Yes great first run out of the year, well done Mr Skedge, and big thanks to Roger More for allowing us to peek at his collection  :)

A few pictures....

The Don's briefing.....

post-1877-0-53310800-1420389796.jpg

Arrival @ MBW

post-1877-0-57415700-1420389797.jpg

Winter / Summer tyre driving test

post-1877-0-15088100-1420389798.jpg

Another arrival ;)

post-1877-0-66667800-1420389798.jpg

Some of Anthony (Rogers More) awesome collection  :thumbsup:

post-1877-0-20397100-1420389799.jpg

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Ah, Trev's briefing.

"Where we going?"

"Uh, dunno."

It was on a need to know basis. Thanks for the pics guys and congratulations to Sizona for taking his car for a drive that didn't involve a trip to B&C :-)

Trevor.

Don't forget the dirt.

I very nearly turned up this morning as most weekends I'm with the missus in Tring.

It was only because I had such a crap nights sleep that when the alarm went off at 6:50 I just turned it off and went back to sleep!

Looks like I missed a good morning out. :driving:

• Like 1