free hit
counters
Trackday Items - tyre, pad etc. suggestions? - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Trackday Items - tyre, pad etc. suggestions?

Ian Lockwood

I'm about 50% through my second set (DS2500's front/rear).

Wear seems pretty consistent front/back, however, now that I'm wearing sticky tyres (Semi-Comp Hankook Z221s), I'm finding that the wear rate has gone up significantly.

I've never experienced any fade and/or drop in brake performance, however, the DS2500's look like they won't last as long as my tyres have!

I'm probably going to go either DS3000 or RS14's.

Cheers,

matt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Believe the DS2500 is the standard pad I'm probably going to try some RS14's when I change mine,

Not because I'm unhappy with the brakes just because that's what I would usually run so worth a try.

Baffled sump though sounds very interesting id not realised the cup car had one, got to be worth having on a car that gets tracked a fair bit!

I believe the tow eye at the front is attached to the front crash structure not the chassis and as such I don't thik it would last that long against too much resistence. I've just had a look around the internet and can't find anything related to failure of this so seems I am wrong.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

No towing eye is fairly common on older Loti.

Elite's and eclats and excels (at least the older narrow one - not sure about later one)  have to be pulled onto recovery trucks backwards - ask me how I know!

I'm going to fit a long fabric one from demon tweaks to my cars from a bolt through the chassis

We've got Performance Friction pads in stock for the Exige V6 and Evora (as well as DS25 from AP who keep saying they're not exactly the same as DS2500 (???!?!!))

Would you be able to use our tow strap solution for the front?

oh wait.... no strut at all...

I'll figure something else out!

Just a cautionary on the DS3000 pads, they require a bit of heat to work properly, so don't expect miracles on a cold morning.

They are a 'Race Pad' with all the hoo-ha about legality and when I ran them they squeeled and my discs didn't last long.

Once up to operating temp though, they won't pull your face off, they'll tear your head off!

I expect you've done your homework though.

;-)

NB:Having looked at the Ferodo performance data on their pads I intend to go to 'DS Uno' next.

Edited by qwerty123

Re: the DS3000's - yeah - I've been told as such (ie - they're not great street pads), but the only driving my lotus seems to do on the street is driving to and from race-tracks.

It's likely I'll just get the RS14's - they're pricey, but seem like a safe bet.

Just a cautionary on the DS3000 pads, they require a bit of heat to work properly, so don't expect miracles on a cold morning.
They are a 'Race Pad' with all the hoo-ha about legality and when I ran them they squeeled and my discs didn't last long.

Once up to operating temp though, they won't pull your face off, they'll tear your head off!

I expect you've done your homework though.
;-)

NB:Having looked at the Ferodo performance data on their pads I intend to go to 'DS Uno' next.

No worries!

Yep - that's correct.

Thanks Matt, it's good to hear your experience so far.

DS2500 is understood to be equivalent to the standard pad, isn't it?