free hit
counters
Wonder Wheels - Matt Gold Wheels, Would You? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

Wonder Wheels - Matt Gold Wheels, Would You?

Out matt gold wheels are filthy - mainly brake dust. I've tried all the gentle options trying to clean them but nothing can shift it.

I've bought some Wonder Wheels, the instructions are very explicit on what not to use it on, there is no mention of painted wheels. It smells like the stuff that car wash places squirt on before cleaning which tarnishes metal trim (in my experience on the Land Rover).

Any opinions on this or other products, really need to get on top of it?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks - ordered.

Wonder Wheels is very corrosive so I would test it in a small area on the back of the wheel first.

The stuff mentioned above comes highly recommended by a few people on here.

:)

I'm a detailing fanatic and would recommend Iron-X. It should remove most of the brake dust if not all of it. Also make sure that check it's not tar as well. If so, some Tardis or Auto Finesse Oblitarate is very good to tackle that.

Once sorted, I'd protect the rims with a decent wheel wax to prevent the build up happening again. Poorboys Wheel Sealant or Auto Finesse Mint Rims are both very good for this.

Here's a little bit of my detailing collection and I've got another shelf thats not on display :)

Do not use Wonder Wheels. I used it on my Caterham years ago and it completely ruined the wheels!

Lx4tS1f.jpg

Oh and although Iron-X is superb it stinks like rotten eggs so make sure you don't spray it in a confined space otherwise you'll be gagging :D

Edited by ChrisBuer

So long as you don't take a lung full of it! :hrhr:

Any reason why you can't clay the wheels to get the last bits off?

Any reason why you can't clay the wheels to get the last bits off?

Claying is good but it doesn't give as deep a clean as a proper fall out remover like Iron-X. If I want to really deep clean something, if use a fallout remover and then clay afterwards.