free hit
counters
Shopping for an Elise in Canada. - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dr Speed

Shopping for an Elise in Canada.

Hello all,

Currently driving a SRT10 Viper, but looking to move to an Elise. I would imagine I am facing most of the same obstacles where no one can readily work on the vehicle and when they can there is a standard rate of 400% inflation :)

Any other advice out there for me? I am looking for an 05-08. I plan to do some basic mods like a drop in filter, de-cat and a tune.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi and welcome Rob - We do have a Canadian section on here...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/319-canada/

Those years of Elise are fitted with the Toyota engine which isn't complex so you should find it too hard to get mechanics to work on the car. I've a few Lotus friends in Calgary who may know of some cars for sale if you'd like me to ask them to get in touch or ask around for you?

• Like 1

Hi and welcome Rob - We do have a Canadian section on here...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/319-canada/

Those years of Elise are fitted with the Toyota engine which isn't complex so you should find it too hard to get mechanics to work on the car. I've a few Lotus friends in Calgary who may know of some cars for sale if you'd like me to ask them to get in touch or ask around for you?

That would be great! I have been trying to get info on a Lotus dealer that was set to open in Calgary but I do not think the build ever went through.

Edited by Dr Speed

Yep, I sure like that black one in there. I'm near Calgary so I am hoping the Weissach dealership can get their doors open for their new dealership by summer. I'd like to pick one up for between $38-42k if possible.

Hi Rob and Welcome.  Sorry for the late response; haven't been on the forum for a while.

The dealership building is still under construction.  It is fully enclosed in construction tarps at this point, and work is still active.  At a guess hopefully ready late spring?  The building is located at the SE corner of Blackfoot and Heritage.  I posted a pic of my Esprit in front of the foundations last fall on LotusTalk in the Canadian section.

Weissach presently takes care of dealer service by periodically bringing techs to Calgary for pre-booked appointments.  In the past they have set up at Sheni's Autotrend.  I have not used this service yet, but I am on the Weissach mailing list so they let me know when they are scheduled.

The best place for seeing available Elise' seems to be Autotrader.  Over the last year and a half Shift Motors in Ontario seems to be grabbing most of the used ones up.  When I was considering an Elise I got in touch with Bernard at John Scotti in Monteal and found him very helpful.  Ended up getting a locally available Esprit instead, but the two Elise' he had went to very satisfied customers.  Not knocking Weissach, just broadening your horizons and recommending Bernard as a straight guy.

Not sure who Elise guys go to in Calgary for non-dealer service.  I take the Esprit to Autoleader South and the Elan to AutoMann.  I would think Bill and the guys at Autoleader could service the Elise. They were working on four Esprit V8's this fall and winter.

HTH  Get in touch if you would like to talk Lotus.  Are you planning to track the car?

Stu in SW Calgary