free hit
counters
Rad Fan & Motor? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Does anyone know what the rad fans on my 1990 Stevens are off?

The blades are marked Ford but I've no idea which model! Did I a search for 'fan' on here but didn't get any results at all (odd).

I need one replacement motor (bearings shot) so I feel a trip to the scrappy coming on. Just need to know what car I'm looking for first!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great, thanks Bibs!

Don't know why I couldn't find this by searching 'fan' or 'fans'

If you go the our homepage where all the news is, the search on the top right is much better than the forum search. :)

• Like 1

Will V8 fans fit my 1990 car? SJ part numbers suggest they are different but the photos on their website look very similar.

Anyone know what the difference is? If it's just wiring connectors I can live with that and adapt...

Ok, here are a few pics of my fan and motor. I just need to know if I can use a v8 fan and/or motor to replace this without modifying anything other than a wiring connector?

post-17537-0-25877100-1421574763.jpg

post-17537-0-98408700-1421574783.jpg

post-17537-0-34007800-1421574843.jpg

post-17537-0-64314300-1421574866.jpg

post-17537-0-35072900-1421574892.jpg

Ford Fiesta, 3-leg job. Pretty much any Ford Fiesta, have a look on eBay. I think the PCD is 50mm.

Do you know what's different about the post 1993 cars? Would the motor be interchangeable with mine?

Yes, I think they are interchangeable. I got mine from a Mk 5 fiesta, and they're the same bolt pattern. Motor is slightly smaller than the ones that were fitted, but they look fine to me.

Thanks Ian. Do you have the 4 'chubby' blade fan (like in my photo) or the 5 bladed version?

Did you swap your original fan blade onto the new motor or just fit the whole Mk5 Fiesta unit straight in?

I have the five blade version, and the fans will fit straight in. The blades are bright yellow, but thankfully they can only be seen from underneath.

Thanks Ian, that's really useful to know. Mk5 fans are much easier to find than Mk1s !

If you surf the web, you'll see there's different blades, some are curved, mine are straight, and yellow. But they all look like they hve the same PCD.