free hit
counters
Dash vents - early S1 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Were there 3 demist vents in the dash, painted with Nextel. Two infront of the binacle and one on the far side? Also does anyone know if they were also used on the Élan, with the same parts 12/13. Thanks.

post-17315-0-33569300-1421005280.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It looks the same. Might be slightly offset ?

post-3309-0-40728200-1421007241.jpg

Plus another vent in the far side thats the same as the one in the instrument panel. Part # A075P6018Z I believe.

Thanks Jon,

Look very similar to the Élan vents. Are the two infron of the binnacle attached by a joint in the same air pipe?

There are 5 outlets on my blower unit - each one has its own vent pipe to each outlet.

Is that a 1.5 inch pipe connected to the demister?

Those demister vents look completely different than mine, mine are quite long and skinny. Two up along the windscreen and two of the style present in the binnacle, one in the binnacle, one just above the glove box. Mine's a federal so maybe that had something to do with it.

Brian

Is that a 1.5 inch pipe connected to the demister?

Yes, 3 x 1.5" pipes to the vent outlets and 2 x 2.0" pipes to the instrument panel and outer vent in the early S1 system.  

The later vent system looks like this (picture is from a UK spec S1, so not just federal) :

post-3309-0-50565600-1421093756.jpg

Thanks Jon, that's what my car has at the moment.

Thanks Jon, that's what my car has at the moment.

Do you need me to take measurements of the three cutouts in the dash so you can cut them out ?

Hi Jon that would be really helpful was going to scale up a picture but measurements would be of great use. Have the three dash plates and Have been trying to source the 3 vent nozzles, but finding it difficult. Believed they were used on the lotus Cortina. Still have some avenues to explore. If anyone reading knows where I could get some that would be a great help.

Does anyone know if the grills for the Demist vents have a square or rolled edge?

Thanks Jon, are they bent slightly to match dash curve? Can get some Elan ones from Paul Matty, but there are flat.

Can get some Elan ones from Paul Matty, but there are flat.

Interesting. A little detective work suggests that SJ also sell them as their part number SJ050B0013 listed under the Elan +2 section. Not clear if they are flat or 'rolled' edged though..

they are the same as on my s2 europa, flat but with a rolled edged