free hit
counters
Dash vents - early S1 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dash vents - early S1

Were there 3 demist vents in the dash, painted with Nextel. Two infront of the binacle and one on the far side? Also does anyone know if they were also used on the Élan, with the same parts 12/13. Thanks.

post-17315-0-33569300-1421005280.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those demister vents look completely different than mine, mine are quite long and skinny. Two up along the windscreen and two of the style present in the binnacle, one in the binnacle, one just above the glove box. Mine's a federal so maybe that had something to do with it.

Brian

Is that a 1.5 inch pipe connected to the demister?

Yes, 3 x 1.5" pipes to the vent outlets and 2 x 2.0" pipes to the instrument panel and outer vent in the early S1 system.  

The later vent system looks like this (picture is from a UK spec S1, so not just federal) :

post-3309-0-50565600-1421093756.jpg

Hi Jon that would be really helpful was going to scale up a picture but measurements would be of great use. Have the three dash plates and Have been trying to source the 3 vent nozzles, but finding it difficult. Believed they were used on the lotus Cortina. Still have some avenues to explore. If anyone reading knows where I could get some that would be a great help.

• 1 month later...

Can get some Elan ones from Paul Matty, but there are flat.

Interesting. A little detective work suggests that SJ also sell them as their part number SJ050B0013 listed under the Elan +2 section. Not clear if they are flat or 'rolled' edged though..