free hit
counters
LOTUS EXCEL – 1990 SO ONE OF THE LAST! - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
lotusforsale.com

LOTUS EXCEL – 1990 SO ONE OF THE LAST!

A Lotus Excel SE from 1990. It’s an “H” registration so one of the last. Featuring all of the later upgrades including the refreshed Peter Stevens body styling, bonnet, a rear wing, the later interior design, 15” alloy wheels, revised wing mirrors and the 180BHP engine. Finished in Monaco White with a full green leather interior.

This particular example has enjoyed long periods in the same ownership with the last owner keeping it for twelve years. During that period it has received regular servicing and upkeep, including but certainly not limited to: Jul 2004 Cambelt, spark plugs, brake clean, heater overhaul £570.25; Aug 2004 New bonnet cable £126.37; Jul 2005 Overhaul power steering £565.05; Dec 2005 Remove and skim cylinder head, replace camshaft, regrind valves            £1322.11; Dec 2006 Replace liners, piston rings, valve guides shells, cambelt, silencer £2548.66; May 2007 Minor service, replace silencer £203.42; Jan 2008 Exhaust repairs, overhaul water pump, £630.35; Apr 2008 Replace door beam, ignition coil, electronic ignition module £824.83; Oct 2010 Recore radiator, check fan operation £363.72; Feb 2011 Exchange power steering rack, adjust tracking £558.96; May 2011 Rear shock absorbers, brake pipes and hoses, S/H diff £1462.73; Oct 2011 2 x rear silencers £638.26; Jun 2012 Cooling fan unit, replace wheel bearings £759.17; Jul 2012 Cambelt, overhaul water pump £398.60; Nov 2012 Overhaul wiper motor £247.26; Apr 2013 Front shock absorbers, 4 x brake discs, 2 x calipers, master cylinder £1345.82; Jun 2013 Replace fuel pump, exchange amplifier and trigger unit, tune carbs £455.40; Feb 2014 S/H speedo head £265.40.

The above is a summary of the more important mechanical work undertaken in recent times and is by no means an exhaustive list. To save you adding it up, the above invoices total over £13000.

Current total mileage is 80,300. There is a properly functioning Cobra immobiliser fitted.

This vehicle has been used as daily transport and, as a result, the paintwork has suffered. There is significant lacquer lift and crazing to the paint. Whilst this is mainly confined to the upper surfaces and bumpers the vehicle would, in my opinion, benefit from a complete respray. I would recommend a personal inspection to assess for yourself the paintwork required. The wheels are in good condition but would benefit from a refurbishment whilst you are attending to the paintwork. The tyres are in very good condition all round.

The interior trim remains in good condition with a small and fairly unnoticeable repair to the stitching on the drivers’ seat bolster. The leather itself has responded well to a thorough clean and feed and will be retreated prior to sale. The wooden dashboard panels do have a small amount of lacquer lift but are, in my opinion, still most presentable.

I have been selling Lotus for twenty seven years and this vehicle is, in my opinion, the finest driving Excel SE I have ever had the pleasure to have owned. The carburettor tuning is spot on and it starts with ease. The suspension settings are perfect and its’ road manners are, therefore, impeccable, as often remarked on by the motoring press of the day.

So, in conclusion, a car in as near-perfect mechanical condition as possible that would now benefit from attention to its’ cosmetic shortcomings or, indeed, just using the way it is. I am available most of the time and can be contacted on 01379 677177 or 07718 385168 should you wish to discuss the vehicle further and to arrange a viewing. Further images available upon request.

ALL LOTUS MODELS REQUIRED. PLEASE CALL FOR AN INFORMAL CHAT AND A VALUATION.

Many thanks for looking.!

Guy Munday

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Guy,

Could you send some photos of the car itf it still for sale to [email protected] From your description it is not a celebration model. What sort of money are you looking for as the view the full article link doesn't work.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

I asked Guy about this a week or so ago, and it's already gone.

Chris