free hit
counters
annoying squeak - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pete

annoying squeak

Have an annoying squeak coming from the passenger side of the car.Appears to be coming from the bulkhead behind the passenger seat.Any ideas what it could be?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's either the trim panel moving in it's fittings....the top has some arrangement of dowels and plastic clips....or the brackets that hold the bulkhead to the chassis coming loose and squeaking as they move against the bulkhead. There are several threads on here which cover this. The bulkhead is made from marine ply and the brackets are through bolted..the ply can get compressed by the bolts and this loosens it up. If so, you need to tighten them up....

Lotus Esprit World has something on this..

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EModifications/BulkheadPlate.html

Interesting but mine doesn't clunk it is a definite squeak

Mouse?

Sue?

Hope that helps!

As always

Can clunk....if REALLY loose...or squeak if only slightly loose!! I had exactly the same on mine when I bought it, and I ended up making new steel plates to go on the inside of the bulkhead behind the trim, to distribute the load ...once tightened up, it was cured. Squeak all gone and never came back!! Check the trim panel top fittings too...they can squeak. IIRC, they are plastic clips with a length of dowel sliding into them...hence the squeaky possibilities!

Do you carry any Jewish passengers by chance??