free hit
counters
Early S1 heater control cables ? - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jonroberts

Early S1 heater control cables ?

Any idea of a supplier of items 11 and 12 in this diagram ?

Part numbers A079P4000F and A079P4001F I believe.

Mine is an early S1 with no water control valve. Both are solid wire in a flexible sheath with circular formed ends to fit on the blower control levers.

Cheers - Jon.

post-3309-0-02264500-1421353394.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are your's missing or broken? If you have the originals a bicycle shop may be able to provide you with something suitable from brake cables.

Have you tried the usual suspects?

Not tried all the usual suspects yet. It's a solid piano wire inner so standard Bowden cables are no good unfortunately. I still have them but one is totally seized solid.

Hi Jon, think S and J sports cars sell them A079P4021F, £18 plus vat and delivery.

The photo didn't look right and I think the SJ ones listed are for the later blower unit, so I decided to make my own.

I bought 3 meters of this http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/push-pull-cable-by-the-metre and two of these  http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/cable-adjuster-m6

Removed the wire inner from my old cables as they were ok and already had the spiral end made up, slid the old wire into new new outer.

Cut the new outer to length, crimped on the ends and voila !

post-3309-0-22162100-1426110812.jpg