Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 Gearbox - parts diagram - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 Gearbox - parts diagram

Hi,  anyone know where I can find a diagram of the S2 gearbox.  Need to replace tailshaft seal and without dropping the exhaust its guesswork as to whether I can replace it without removing entire gbox from the car.

Best Regards,

Simon

Edited by moriniman1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Simon, I have a spare Getrag 265 gearbox in the shed, if you want I'll pull it out and have a look and take a photo for you.

Regards Dan

Ps the rdent.com website which has the parts manual for the Elites and Eclats lists the Getrag box but has no pictures

Thinking about this, I think that you will either have to remove the engine and gearbox or remove the diff as the propshaft would have to be removed from the gearbox to change the seal but it is splined and slides into the gearbox and runs inside the chassis so would have to be slid back and from memory will not slide past the diff.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Regards Dan

Simon,

I think Dan is correct its not possible to remove the prop shaft with the diff in place, and I think even if you remove the diff, the tail of the box is located with-in the chassis. All of which means you need to get the gear box out and therefore the engine.

Best regards

John

Dan / John,

Thanks for the advice, sounds like its something I'll have to live with until the clutch needs replacing. Its not gushing oil, just a slight "oily rag" odour coming into the car when stationary, all part of the charm I guess.

thanks again..

Simon.

While talking about S2 Getrags, My speedo angle drive has broken if anybody has a replacement i could purchase?

When removing the speedo drive i noticed that there are massive lead weights bolted all around the tailshaft, I took one off (about 2Kg) to see if it made any difference, and the answer is no!