free hit
counters
Fitting rear louvred engine cover? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CaptainSlow

Fitting rear louvred engine cover?

How is the Motorsport rear louvred engine cover fitted? Glued as the window? Tempted to do some visual upgrades including GT4 wing, louvred engine cover and barge boards.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes. It is a case of removing the glass and replacing with the cover. From memory I also think the grille below the glass needs to be cut away, so would be pretty permanent install.

Here is Gedi (on here) car with the Louvre and the GT4 rear wing.  Word is the 3rd brake light can be difficult to sort out fully but that is all heresy 

Doesn't look like the vent has been removed.

post-7988-0-02295800-1421509233.jpg

post-7988-0-84631400-1421509235.jpg

post-7988-0-83080700-1421509238.jpg

Interestingly the GTE doesn't have a third brake light, so assume it can't be a legal requirement.

Third brake light isnt a requirement. Only if you have one fitted... :D One of those usual MOT things. If you have it, it has to work. If you dont have it, then no problem. 

From what i've read on my GT Wing research atleast.

Interestingly the GTE doesn't have a third brake light, so assume it can't be a legal requirement.

The ones being built in Hethel now do have the third brake light.

Looks like there's a 3rd brake light on the orange car above. Then there's the guy in Hongkong who produce CF parts. He has one version of the GT4 wing with integrated brake light.

The ones being built in Hethel now do have the third brake light.

Will take your word for it, but the GTE at Bell and Colvill doesn't have one. Screem fabricated his into the bottom slat of the louvred engine cover.

It is but the GTE is not a production car.

I was really only talking about MOT and whether old bill will pull you over, rather than the requirements for production cars.

In my mind, Lotus must know the inns and outs of legal requirements, therefore if they are prepared to sell a limited run of a modified production car without one, then presumably you can go without if you instal a wing on a standard car. If that's not the case then presumably the owners of a GTE will get issues at MOT time and when BIB are bored as neither will appreciate the difference.

Edited by Colin P

The uk lighting regulations specifically state a minimum of two stop lights. The third stop light is optional.

Will take your word for it, but the GTE at Bell and Colvill doesn't have one. Screem fabricated his into the bottom slat of the louvred engine cover.

Sreem is NOT a GTE, rather a normal Evora with the wing and louvres.  The GTE does not have these, rather the normal rear window. 

If the B&C GTE (which is a true one) doesn't have the 3rd light then it is at least an option. 

How do I know? Stay tuned on your favourite Lotus forum.  :unworthy:

The orange car above has the 3rd light but it was the removed light from a standard spoiler and brackets fabricated to fit the slats.  Looks fine in action.  

The rear wing is I think officially started life as a motorsport accessory and hence why no 3rd brake light was designed in.  Only later became part of GTE.  It sounds like they are now producing them for those who want to back fit by the sounds of it.

Sreem is NOT a GTE, rather a normal Evora with the wing and louvres.  The GTE does not have these, rather the normal rear window. 

If the B&C GTE (which is a true one) doesn't have the 3rd light then it is at least an option. 

How do I know? Stay tuned on your favourite Lotus forum.  :unworthy:

Ooooo!  You've taken the plunge?  :w00t:

How will you deal with the low power?  :rofl: