free hit
counters
LF1 Cup @ Autosport Show - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

LF1 Cup @ Autosport Show

Did anyone manage to get pictures, looked everywhere, can't find them. Surprised Lotus have not released them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry didn't take any, there are a few on Russell Gibbons FB page but nothing that looks any different really apart from the gold access surrounds & covers for the cut off's it didn't really look any different from the outside...

The cup interior LF1 style looked stunning though in my opinion!

Sorry, I just thought they had an LF1 on the stand so didn't give it my full attention or take any pics.

As an aside I've noticed that LF1s have a pronounced lip on the outer edge of front wheel rims, anyone have any idea why?

Yes they do though I think any Exige on std rims with Trofeo's on would be the same think you just notice it more with the gold rims on the LF1

That's one of the reasons I took my Trofeo's off straight away & replaced them with the Corsa as the Corsa has a rim protector bulge thing...

My Trofeo's are now on a set of the Team Dynamics wheels which do not protrude in the same way..

Sorry, I just thought they had an LF1 on the stand so didn't give it my full attention or take any pics.

As an aside I've noticed that LF1s have a pronounced lip on the outer edge of front wheel rims, anyone have any idea why?

It is just the Trofeo tyres, they don't have the rim protection. I was told if you put regular tyres on then it does not show. I assumed it to be right as I thought the wheels were just the regular ones painted gold.

My diamond cut wheels definitely don't protrude like that with Trofeos on. Perhaps there's a difference between the diamond cut front rims? It would be hard to diamond cut that thin edge you have on your wheels.

Either way it's of zero significance to anyone, I was just curious.

So there's a Cup version of the LF1 now or was that just an LF1 with a roll cage?

They are half a dozen Cups being done for the USA in the LF1 colour scheme.

My diamond cut wheels definitely don't protrude like that with Trofeos on. Perhaps there's a difference between the diamond cut front rims? It would be hard to diamond cut that thin edge you have on your wheels.

Either way it's of zero significance to anyone, I was just curious.

So there's a Cup version of the LF1 now or was that just an LF1 with a roll cage?

To be honest I am not thrilled with them, I noticed and commented at the factory, I was told it was just the temporary tyres it was on. Turns out not to be the case and it was the Trefeo's. In fairness mine was the first of the production run through the factory so may not have been well known. The problem is they are really exposed, I am really careful but took a small chip out of a rear on the channel tunnel train the other day - can't believe how wide the car is at the rear. Looking forward to seeing if the Trofeo R are the same.

More to follow...

LF1 V6 Cup

Built for USA/Canada market, track use only

Full roll cage fitted

post-1-0-56343400-1421765731.jpg

post-1-0-88107600-1421765732.jpg

post-1-0-09783900-1421765734.jpg

post-1-0-37900700-1421765735.jpg

• Like 1

The wheels do look very easy to kerb.

Always go for the high vehicle carriage on the chunnel, you'll find all the other low, wide, fast cars there.

Thanks Bibs, no massive exterior difference than the cut off, was kind of expecting them to be more Cup R as they are not road going if going to the US?

Jonny - yea, normally do with the other car, did not realise just how wide the rear of the exige was, caught me out, only problem with wide/high is you lose all the flexi benefits!