free hit
counters
Elise Wiper Motor Fuse - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Elise Wiper Motor Fuse

My Elise popped the fuse for the wipers this morning. Quick and easy fix of course, is this a sign of another problem on it's way or is it just one of those things?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Were the wipers frozen to the screen? If so I would hope the fuse would blow. If not then maybe a pointer of problems to come

It was about 25 miles into my journey this morning on the M25. I moved the stalk up to intermittent and the blade stopped after about six inches so I turned the wiper back to off then on again and it made it to the other side of the screen and stopped. Perhaps I just caught the stalk in the wrong place? Either way, I'll carry a couple of spare fuses for now just in case and a quick look makes the motor look pretty accessible if I need to change it.

Happened like that on my Defender a short while before the motor packed up. I replaced the motor (£80 and a grazed knuckle) but it is often just the electronic control gubbins that fails but isn't readily available on its own