free hit
counters
Lotus Racing Exhaust - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

It certainly is. I'm sure it's mother loves it though...

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm having the Lotus Racing exhaust fitted today.. (took 4 weeks on order to get down under) So I'll post some photos and maybe a video later...

It certainly is. I'm sure it's mother loves it though...

I am....along with the manifolds, downpipes and sports cat.   I won't get my car until sometime in April, but once I do I'll try and post some videos up

Posted Images

Afraid not but I can take some Sunday if the snow clears!

I also thought the twin pipe looked better than the std single,

So took the easy option as couldn't be bothered trying to get in touch with Jim (too much like hard work though no doubt worth it) & if I went for the Larini I'd probably have ended up spending an arm & a leg on the whole syatem...

• 3 weeks later...

You want loud?  I believe Jim is working on this for the "holigans" :) .....

Or.... there is always the version below .... 

post-7947-0-17065800-1423326063.jpg

post-7947-0-52863600-1423326345.jpg

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

:cheers:  when the weather clears Dixie (with the Larini manifold without cats and oem back box) and I will do some comparison video's...  it's loud vs louder  :thumbsup: .  Should be about the same level as that straight-through system that Jim has got there...

Edited by Milton1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks interesting, has anyone fitted one yet?

I am....along with the manifolds, downpipes and sports cat.

I won't get my car until sometime in April, but once I do I'll try and post some videos up :)

• Like 1

wt9c2x.jpg

So the Lotus racing exhaust is installed, and yup, it's much louder. I'd say easily by 20-30% louder, much deeper tone and a lot more burbling/bangs etc... Love it!. I think it's going to increase over time too.

Not sure what the guys in the earlier posts heard/saw at the track, but it's definitely much louder. Many more people stopping and looking when I drive by.  :turned:

I'm very happy with it, as the car sounds like it should now, a supercar!... I wouldn't want it any louder, it's spot on. Also, always love the burning smell of a freshly installed exhaust! haha

I'll try and post a video later. 

Forgot to mention, also got my car booked in to have the Supercharger replaced with a dual-vortices tvs1900 model, that will increase power by 67hp (remapped ecu also). Keeps the original lotus warranty too.

Should be done on Monday, so will post pics and stats once done. 

2015 Orange Exige V6

Forgot to mention, also got my car booked in to have the Supercharger replaced with a dual-vortices tvs1900 model, that will increase power by 67hp (remapped ecu also). Keeps the original lotus warranty too.

Is this an official Lotus upgrade or after-market? I wouldn't have thought an extra 67hp would keep the warranty intact!

There's no way that the factory warranty will be intact with that sort of upgrade... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sorry it took a while then I'm late as I see Lancelin 2k7 posted a photo earlier today.....

Lancelin 2k7 maybe I'm just deaf.... doesn't sound that loud to me!

post-17980-0-51213700-1424259727.jpg

• Like 1

Well hopefully I'll be able to hear one at a LOT day this year (starting with Goodwood on the 28th), and make the comparison for myself, as we seem to have conflicting opinions!

Standard Exige S's struggled at Goodwood last time I was down there on the drive-bys. Fortunately they've a good policy in place to keep you out on track :)

Evora NA

Thanks Bibs, was that on a loud day? I can't imagine my standard V6 S will be louder than my S2 with 2bular was, and I had no problems pinning it past the meters on loud days there.

Will let you know how I get on.

Edited by Arun_D

Normal day, was it 101dB?

The Exhaust Valve opens at 4.5k rpm and that was the issue, it gets very loud then! 

Evora NA

It does, it opens at 4.5k no matter what mode you're in, there's no way to keep it closed.

Evora NA

Goodwood limits are 105dB static, 101dB driveby on a 'loud' day, and 98dB static and 96dB on a standard 'Cat 3' day

And yes, exhaust valve opens in all modes and in override 'shut' mode to prevent engine damage, but I like your thinking Neal :)

Edited by Arun_D

The valve strategy is in the handbook, next time you fancy some bedtime reading, but I think the wording for Touring is 'EPV opens from high throttle/rpm' versus 'EPV opens from medium throttle/rpm' for Sport.

I guess everyone has a different opinion of what is loud. :turned: I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just find it perfect volume.

The 67BHP upgrade is carried out in Sydney/ Australia by simplysportscars.com.au

They are a legit Lotus dealer and have confirmed that the lotus warranty stays intact after the modifications. (else I would not be getting it done).

They actually ran the Exige S that won class C in the Bathurst 12 hour.

They have developed a new mount for the supercharger and then they "re-tune" the software.

Edited by Lancelin2k7

2015 Orange Exige V6

Double check with them. I spoke to Lotus and they were pretty confident that wouldn't be the case. If you've changed fundamental parts of the car, they can't under the terms of the warranty replace old for new if required. 

Evora NA