free hit
counters
Lotus Racing Exhaust - Page 4 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

That's true, reversing sensors are a blessing.

They put a bigger pulley on it when the reprogrammed the ECU. They had a bit of trouble getting a good balance with the smaller pulley and decided this was best.

To be honest, the car is driving beautifully and is not a handful in traffic, so they definitely did a great job with the ECU. It's responsive but not annoying. It's also idling a lot better than stock.

They actually did the ECU reprogramming at the Harrop factory in Preston. It's where harrop actually produce the original superchargers. The factory is state of the art and when I picked up the car I was lucky enough to get a mini tour.

The dyno they used is one of the most impressive bits of kit I've ever seen. It was like the car was in ECU, there was about 50 cables connecting it to a massive touchscreen display.

Overall they have done a fantastic job, it's just a shame the customer service has dropped off.

• Like 1

2015 Orange Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm having the Lotus Racing exhaust fitted today.. (took 4 weeks on order to get down under) So I'll post some photos and maybe a video later...

It certainly is. I'm sure it's mother loves it though...

I am....along with the manifolds, downpipes and sports cat.   I won't get my car until sometime in April, but once I do I'll try and post some videos up

Posted Images

Doesn't a bigger pulley lead to lower boost as the SC is revving lower?

Yes, smaller pulley=more boost.

I thought the discussion was about pulley size on the TVS 1900 and packaging constraints of the install. 

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

• 3 weeks later...

That's true, reversing sensors are a blessing.

They put a bigger pulley on it when the reprogrammed the ECU. They had a bit of trouble getting a good balance with the smaller pulley and decided this was best.

To be honest, the car is driving beautifully and is not a handful in traffic, so they definitely did a great job with the ECU. It's responsive but not annoying. It's also idling a lot better than stock.

They actually did the ECU reprogramming at the Harrop factory in Preston. It's where harrop actually produce the original superchargers. The factory is state of the art and when I picked up the car I was lucky enough to get a mini tour.

The dyno they used is one of the most impressive bits of kit I've ever seen. It was like the car was in ECU, there was about 50 cables connecting it to a massive touchscreen display.

Overall they have done a fantastic job, it's just a shame the customer service has dropped off.

Just wondering any more updated from Ssc?

Edited by MrTan