free hit
counters
Project Compomotive - Page 6 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
The Pits

Project Compomotive

How is everyone getting along with the Goodyear letters?

Missed the posting originally but if they have held up well I would be interested in buying sum.

Did you get the comps sorted Jonny?

Dave :) 

IMG_0700.GIF.46dc41b84d1ba3ad1334434b317aa57e.GIF Do or do not, there is no try! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've done about 3000 miles with the letters on and they are still as good as the day I fitted them.  No issues whatsoever and the car looks so much better for having them.  A big tick from me:)

• Like 2

Glad to hear that. They are quite easy to clean with some general degreaser, the same stuff you use to prep the tyre wall before sticking them on. I eventually found that there was some kind of protective coating on them that yellowed slightly over time. I didn't realise it was on there but I peeled it off and the letters are even brighter white underneath. Not sure if the later batch I sent out has this or not but could be worth checking.

Painting the letters white on original NCTs is such a palava I was very tempted to stick a set of these letters on some actual NCTs!

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

its hard to find a Dry sump esprit with the compomotive CX wheels,

here in france is one for sale: https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1020163250.htm?ca=7_s

here at my place no worry's hahaha

there are 2 esprit turbo's bot with 4 studs Compomotive wheels, (Happy me!)

but the black one is still for sale,

14517358_1050677025030899_2355513782393198172_n.jpg

14670901_1050677055030896_5393623287957884836_n.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 22:42, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Missed the posting originally but if they have held up well I would be interested in buying sum.

I missed this one too. Id be interested in a set (5 pairs) 

I have to admit my ignorance here Im not really sure what compomtive are and why they are different to BBS. Im going to just go back and read this thread that I didnt really pick up on before...funny this forum is sometimes like that ;-)

Buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Tocus, I have known about the French car for a while and was seriously considering buying for a while, your black car is stunning and surprised it has not been sold by now. It is the same as my first turbo only mine had the BBS wheels.?

I have now bought a dry sump with comps so planning to buy the Goodyear lettering. May be worth trying to get another group buy going??

Buddsy comps are 4 stud with split rims while the BBS fitted from approx 82 were 5 stud and a solid design. Both look great and the only wheels which suit the turbo.?

Glad the letters are holding up well, does seem more appealing to the paint option.????

• Like 1

IMG_0700.GIF.46dc41b84d1ba3ad1334434b317aa57e.GIF Do or do not, there is no try! 

17 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I have now bought a dry sump with comps so planning to buy the Goodyear lettering. May be worth trying to get another group buy going??

Glad you've broke the news at last Dave:thumbup: Looking forward to see you starting up a thread to find out more!B-)

• Like 1

We can look into getting some more made, I was surprised how quickly they arrived last time but the exchange rate is going to sting us a bit this time I fear!

i would have a set if we are looking at a group order. 

• Like 1

dave please post some pictures of your dry sump with the comps under it!

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with Tocus. 

Anyone can write 'I have now bought a dry sump with comps' on the internet.

Pics please!

• Like 2

Now now fellas!

As soon as it is home I will share.....?

I need to get some garage space sorted, I'm out stripping trim off my Elan today so it can go for paintwork, it has lots of little bits from storage over all those years prior to my ownership. With bad weather approaching I don't want the Esprit left outside, the current owner is looking after it until I'm ready. Hopefully in a week or so the body shop will take IB10 allowing my new baby to have it's rightful place. It is red with gold compomotive wheels.

Thanks for the positive comments and definitely up for another group Goodyear buy.

• Like 2

There was me thinking for a while I had something unique, finding a red early Turbo........:blush: 

Only kidding Dave - can't wait to see yours and Fabians getting back to looking their best over the coming months B-)

• Like 1

Dave if your struggling to house your dry sump I would happily look after it for a while. I have a space in my garage with your name all over it. 

You might want to weld the wheels onto it tho. ?

• Like 1

Hardly Dave, you must be like a kid waiting for Christmas Day, I have heard these compomotives to be a really pain. As not to taint your lotus experience i will swap them for some refurbished BBS wheels for you with Goodyear tyres. NO CHARGE . You won't even have to buy the sticker for the tyres. ?

• Like 1

I eat Compomotive refurbishment for breakfast, they will be fine when done and really looking forward to taking them to bits!

Mind real NCT's would be good but can't imagine they would be great after all those years. 

Did well stripping the Elan today, removing the front bumper was a real hoot! Just the passenger mirror, lock and aerial to go then off to the bodyshop. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I eat Compomotive refurbishment for breakfast,

That's gonna be an expensive breakfast! :lol:

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Lovely - very very lovely. :thumbup:

• Like 1

2nd refurb in 3 years! :X

This time all new bolts nuts and washers all round. Total labour of love!

But they are the best looking 15" wheels of all time and look good on anything.

IMG_4740_zpsp1dvuwmg.jpg

IMG_4741_zpskjirdloe.jpg

literally anything!

IMG_4598_zpsnwehobbr.jpg

:thumbup:

I like the Lancia...very nice and smart colour! More pics?

Who did the refurbishment this time? Original rims as well which have polished up really well. Did they have much corrosion when you first got them?

Where do you get the centre caps these days? Are they 60mm?