free hit
counters
spare parts value - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
johnpwalsh

spare parts value

Whille having a  clear out in one of my garages i found I still have a reasonable pair of Eclat door mirrors. Although the paint has faded they are in fairly good nick and the springs still have plenty of tension on them, the near side one has a very minor carck on the top left hand corner of the mirror otherwise they are both pretty good and being electric mirros I would think they are pretty scarce now so my question would be.

What they worth.

Also Eclat Brown leather steering wheel complete with centre piece, again in good nick.

Eclat 5 spead gearbox.

Power stering pump.

Power steering rack

Esprit S3 Airocn pump.

A pair of Eclat doors complete with good window frames and tinted glass.

A apir of rear quarter window tinted glass.

A  complete Black leather ! dash including instruments and switches.

Pair of Eclat/Elite window motors.

Once I get an idea of fair prices I will list all of the above on the parts for sale.

Thanks guys, dont want to be seen as over pricing so will let them in the know be my guide.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I hope you remember that the door frames are for me? :)

Hi Don, yes, going to take them off the doors today, checked them yesterday and they have a little surface corrosion with sitting in the garage but only very light.

• Like 1

Got an elite 5 speed gear knob? :)

Yep, may need new varnish but it has the little silver tag on the top, 1,2,3,4 OD. It's kicking about one of my garages somewhere.

John.

Hi John,

What colour are the wing mirrors? My o/s one is very bouncy - guessing that's the spring you're talking about. So I'd be looking for black ones.

Cheers, Dan

Hi John,

What colour are the wing mirrors? My o/s one is very bouncy - guessing that's the spring you're talking about. So I'd be looking for black ones.

Cheers, Dan

S2 and S1 mirrors are different. My n/s S2 mirror is also bouncy. This can be fixed by tightening up the nut that clamps the mirror to the plinth at the swivel joint but this can only be accessed by removing the glass and mechanism. I haven't been brave enough yet but will wind some wire around the swivel joint. The S2 mirrors are pretty rare apparently - they also fit the esprit and nobody's managed to identify any other original fitment.

ATB Richard

OK, can anyone send me pics of S1 and S2 mirrors then I will know which these are. I cant go by the car as it had a few variations and previious owners mods on it.

OK, can anyone send me pics of S1 and S2 mirrors then I will know which these are. I cant go by the car as it had a few variations and previious owners mods on it.

Here is a pic from someone claiming to make reproductions, although they don't respond to queries.

The mirrors fit the S2.2 Elite/Eclat as well as the S2 and S3 Esprit. You can tell if the doors are from a S2.2 as they have a raised plinth moulded into the fibreglass upon which the mirror sits.

lotus-esprit-mirror-ad-11.jpg?w=584

Yes that looks like the spiv who had a few of us.  I was £50 ish down on  a horn crash pad  that never turned up.  Quite a few lost a lot more.   Shame really as if he provided the goods I am sure there was a nice little business to be made.

Honest guys, it wisnae me.