Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 32 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

5 minutes ago, 21gg said:

Why they never used them or similar in the GT430  Evoras I dont know, the standard buckets do look a bit lost.

Presumably it's a cost issue?  I don't see these as being available for anything else via the Recaro website.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

my understanding of them not using the carbon seats was the seat belt anchor points were never crash tested.

i know 'some' were sold for race car purpose like in the pic Gav has posted above. in a race car the belts will be attached to chassis and rollcage not the seat itself.

If you are going to use them for road Gav then I'd suggest you look into how youre going  to secure the lap belt fixings on either side of the seat. They need to be secured back onto the brackets and not into the fixings in the seat.

Fair point Gav, cheers. The picture C8RKH posted shows a bolt hole drilled in the side frame but not sure if this was how it was done by mansory/factory? Obviously it's only the seat belt clip as the outer/lower anchor point is on the car floor.

Adfer,  have you got any pictures of the seat belt mounts on yours?

Cheers 

3 hours ago, 21gg said:

Fair point Gav, cheers. The picture C8RKH posted shows a bolt hole drilled in the side frame but not sure if this was how it was done by mansory/factory? Obviously it's only the seat belt clip as the outer/lower anchor point is on the car floor.

Cheers 

I’m not near my garage at the moment but maybe these will help :

8766EA38-1D68-44BC-85E2-441C9E5914DB.jpeg

9A9BB640-0D40-4399-9D9A-111042822798.jpeg

3 hours ago, 21gg said:

Cheers 

This may help Gav if I can manage to upload it ok..

1CE4FFFF-5E0A-483A-BA0A-4AE7FF5B0705.jpeg

9D75C64A-6D4B-445C-937C-F7E705D8B438.jpeg

22D6B27B-79C0-48C7-A9A7-48828D8528A8.jpeg

• Love 1

Perfect, thanks both of you. So yours are mansory seats then Ishy ,   but a different harness cut out? Just when I thought I had got a handle on the different seats!

• 2 weeks later...

On the way to go back to the previous owner :( (a french one not Gavin)

It's a friend of me and he let me the pleasure to can buy it from hum. But he never find a better car thanks this one for hum so he push me to buy it back.

I've find a deal with the dealer to can have a car really cool as this GTE, let's see in two weeks :P

But that's the first time I'm so sad to let a car go :cry:

IMG_20180324_092938.jpg

• Like 1

Why be classic when you can be unique

The Mansory drivers seat has been in and out numerous times now. Firstly my seat didn't come with runners, just the side brackets in aluminium. A few minor tweaks and they fitted the runners and the seat was in. However it was higher than the recaro and a bit upright. I altered the brackets (trimmed the sides and part of the return) to allow the rear of the seat to drop right onto the runners but it was still too high. I even tried bolting it to the floor directly, which I eventually managed, height was great  but the seat was again too upright as the rear was touching the floor. So I have three options, 1. sell them (nope), 2. get brackets made,but this means having fixed seats which is a pain, 3. Make one into an office chair!

Having put the recaro back in ready for anglesy at the weekend, its surprised me how low they are and how much support they give.

Weight wise, they are 6.5kg each (including brackets) plus the 4kg of the seat runner, so 10.5kg each. The recaros were 19.5kg including the runner so 15.5kg each for the bare seat.

The Mansory seats do make the driving position higher. That’s fine for seeing what’s in front of you but not so good for seeing what’s behind you. I opted for a very simple solution. I duck my head when I want to see what’s behind me! Maybe I don’t look in my mirrors often enough but I survived two European Road trips with that solution. 

The Mansory seats are more upright but you get used to that.

They just felt too high, and historically I have a bad back so it makes a difference.  I felt it just driving for 20 mins the other day. Funnily enough, looking at some pictures of the Stratton gt with the cognac seats, the driver seat look lower than the passenger one.

Rude not to seeing as it was there! It's not run in yet so just went for a little pootle down the road. Very nice it was to. 

DSC_1283.JPG

DSC_1282.JPG

DSC_1285.JPG

• Like 2

Well having seen them both together ( GTE, 430 ) both look totally amazing, but GTE is still the best looking modern Lotus. Something I didn't expect to say.

• Love 1

I have to agree with you @scotty435. But that car above is my favourite GTE of all time.  If Lotus were to launch that GTE now, with the charge cooled 410 or 430 engine, then I think they would sell them at £120k all day long....

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

3 hours ago, 21gg said:

Yes a car with the gte body and 430 running gear would be perfect but it won't happen and I doubt I could afford one if it did.

Like you, that is a car I would love but would not be able to buy. We can dream. You still have the bext looking GTE in my opinion though...

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.