free hit
counters
Evora GTE Registry - Page 24 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TBD

Evora GTE Registry

Thomas,

I can not believe this ... very sad news ... I always loved your GTE.

Looks like you have to go hunting for another GTE ...

Keep you head up!!

Norbert

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Really sad to read that, Thomas. I saw your car in September when I took mine for service and it did look like relatively easy to fix.

Hopefully, you will find a suitable replacement.

very, very sad :cry: ... How can they do that without your agreement ??  hold on tight, Thomas :makeotherhappy: ...

That's awful news Thomas, very sorry to hear it. I hope you get to buy the salvage back and get your beauty back on the road. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@TBD very sorry to hear that, Thomas!

From a legal Point of view (without knowing the Details of your whole contracts) it might be worth a thought checking if they could sell the car with the engine upgrade parts from Komotech - if you bought them from Komotech they should be yours (the main parts, not every bolt), second thought: if you have a right to purchase the the car after the lease it might be worth checking if this act now is applicable (because the selling of the car will kill this opportunity) Good luck with this!

16 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@TBD very sorry to hear that, Thomas!

From a legal Point of view (without knowing the Details of your whole contracts) it might be worth a thought checking if they could sell the car with the engine upgrade parts from Komotech - if you bought them from Komotech they should be yours (the main parts, not every bolt), second thought: if you have a right to purchase the the car after the lease it might be worth checking if this act now is applicable (because the selling of the car will kill this opportunity) Good luck with this!

We did secure the Komo-tec parts, as these were all after purchase. Everything else is with the lawyer.

The assessor was very generous when making his estimate, particularly in using a very high pre-Brexit exchange rate, which drove the repair estimate up. Normaly this would have given all much freedom in making things better than OEM. Unfortunately it drove the estimate above 60% of the  value assessment (which the assesor just took from my discounte purchase price), giving the leasing company a chance to terminate the contract.

Fact is, however, we've verified that the cars value is meanwhile up by at least 10-20%  and the repair costs based on current exchange rates are about 20% lower. Bringing the repair far below the 60%, i.e. negating an right to terminate the contract.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

If the Insurance company have offered an acceptable settlement figure, why not just move on and buy an I damaged car? Or have I missed something?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

4 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

If the Insurance company have offered an acceptable settlement figure, why not just move on and buy an I damaged car? Or have I missed something?

Trevor.

The leasing company didn't even give me the chance. I'm fighting them to recover my  loss of 40 000€

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Rotten news Thomas. Will the car now definitely been broken for parts, or possibly re-emerge somewhere else like the Phoenix from the flames? I guess Strattons could repair it with their panels etc. and sell it on, if they consider it worthwhile to bring it back to the UK. Might be too much hassle for them though.

4 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Rotten news Thomas. Will the car now definitely been broken for parts, or possibly re-emerge somewhere else like the Phoenix from the flames? I guess Strattons could repair it with their panels etc. and sell it on, if they consider it worthwhile to bring it back to the UK. Might be too much hassle for them though.

From what Daniel told me the buyer will more likely do something like "B is for Build" 's budget Evora 

Thomas, very sorry that they screwed you over and you won't have it back on the road. That was a beautiful car.

I hope you get the opportunity to obtain another one!

Sorry to hear this Thomas, unfortunately it's a common theme I have seen many times with Lotus cars.

Certainly If you look at the UK salvage/auction houses, most accident damaged cars you see go through them always fetch good money, even crazy at times (or so it would seem).  A lot of them have been written off by the insurance companies simply because of the high cost of brand new panel and part replacements, even though the main structure of the car underneath is perfectly intact. The insurance companies know that these cars can be easily fixed using s/hand parts at much reduced cost than buying them new from Lotus. It's almost like they are quite happy to write them off at the slightest opportunity full knowing they will get a good return on the salvage. In the case of your car they have probably got twice as much back for it than it would have been if they'd offered it to you based on the figures, hence why you weren't even invited… 

Edited by TheKevlarKid
added a bit, took a bit away

Does look good. Not so sure about the elise side mirrors though... they look a little out of place.

I'm contemplating going along to one of the race meetings this year to watch them and give them a cheer. Infact it would be really good if we could get a few GTE owners together for it. Anyone else up for a meet? I'll dig the race calendar out if so see where and when would be best.

Good idea! I can do a day on most weekends, although August isn't great.

In order of convenience, the best circuits for me would be Silverstone, Donington or Snetterton, but further afield would not be out of the question.

Sounds like a good idea, I've got to either use mine or sell it...... 

Terrible things.....I even heard once that the seats creak 

• Like 1

Only here once

Anyone know what rear pads fit on a GTE? I took my car for it's MOT today and OSR pad has disintegrated over the winter.

I don't want to drive it too far in this state so I'll have to get a local garage to fit them.

@purso One of the GTE (formerly the one of TBD / Thomas) is rebuild by http://www.schuttenbach-automobile.de/ (Lotus Service Point near Munich) actually and will be for sale after that (not on their hp actually) - just in case you are interested in a LHD one