free hit
counters
Evora GTE Registry - Page 28 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TBD

Evora GTE Registry

I would guess so as it's looks like the early front clams that retained the centre hatch / twin vents? Original Gte seats and carbon split steering wheel. All the bits Lotus said weren't Road legal ?! 

It looks well.

I wonder if they have had more wheels made, as last time I asked they only had a spare pair of fronts.

Gav 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well there's more pictures on Facebook popped up of the green car. It was at Silverstone with a Stratton plate on. 1 of 25 apparently,  I'm presuming that no includes the original 20 as I can't see them making 25!

Gav Kirkby saw that car years back which prompted his exige cup in pewter.

Once again demonstrating the disrespect Lotus has given this great car. Can you imagine Prosche or Ferrari allowing their dealer to build new examples of a limited run special edition?

Can't wait to see the price tag Straton puts on these bastard GTE's. 

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Some years after the end ofthe production of the "limited run" 959 porsche used their spare parts to build some more.....so if there is money and if there is a customer.....things happen...... 

Stratton bought the parts from Lotus, if Lotus didn't want them to use them they should have kept them - but I believe heritage and other 'soft' values, just to mention the deletion of lotus motorsport, are not on their top list now, maybe Geely will be more interested in the future (hopefully)

Apart from the price and specification, I wonder what warranty Stratton will offer for their own-build cars? Even the factory shirked this by offering only a 6 months limited mileage Motorsport warranty (I negotiated 12 months, but for the same mileage) on their GTEs and that was with the standard Evora S engine. History has  shown that my warranty was absolutely necessary for various components, so maybe Stratton will offer a Third Party one (in which case good luck with that!). Don't forget that the Stratton chassis are now 5 years old, much of which was spent languishing outside with the other 20, which were considered to be the better cars when originally selected for the GTE production run in 2014/5.

Anyway, maybe TBD will need to update the Registry with the five "Sanction 2" newcomers in the coming months (also amend No. 15 to France)?

Stratton have a history of "additional non lotus" cars don't they?

didnt they buy a load of IPS Elise and convert them to manual then sold as "Stratton Motorsport Elise" rather than a "Lotus Elise" on the V6?

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Yes they did. Anyway Ive emailed Strattons and asked how much:lol:. Ive also asked about other spare parts that they may have now 'found'.

Looking at the discussion on one of the Facebook links they may not be being registered as Lotus, as per the previous cars they've done.

Where on Facebook are these discussions 21gg, would like to have a look.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

And me being trying to upload a photo of your car from Chatworth a few years ago 21bb, some reason can not do it, beyond me lol, was just going to say it looked amazing 

• Like 1

Just posted photo on the Facebook page there where 2 there that day, yours and LF1 one 

Hi Gav. Just having a move around with cars and some building work at home. Shame to let it go as its a fabulous car but that's life.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

On 13/06/2017 at 09:49, 21gg said:

Yes they did. Anyway Ive emailed Strattons and asked how much:lol:. Ive also asked about other spare parts that they may have now 'found'.

Hi Gav, did you ever get any response from Strattons?

I notice from their website that their green "GT4e" racer won at the AMOC Rockingham event at the weekend.

https://www.strattonmotorcompany.com/stratton-motorsport-conquers-the-rock/

The chap I have been in contact with isn't sure on the spec or price of the car, or even if its for sale. Again on the spare parts front they never seem to know what they have, its a case of ask for a part and they will see what they have.

Gav

Great looking car ... but at a steep price espec considering its a > 50k accident car and the last one for sale in CH was less brand new ...