free hit
counters
Evora GTE Registry - Page 41 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TBD

Evora GTE Registry

I would say as much a GTE as any of the factory 20.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The Stratton GTs are finally for sale, well 4 out of the 5 are advertised,  like to know your thoughts on the cars now that they are complete. My thoughts are the the biggest disappointment is the mishmash of Evora wheels fitted to the cars, Stratton did say to me a some time ago that they had commissioned a wheel company to supply a new wheel for the car, obviously that never happened.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907069788752

53 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

They seem to have re-written history with their description.

You mean they are lying?

Where to start? Others like TheKevlarKid have greater knowledge than I but I’ll have a go.

438bhp? TKK had his original Swindon engined car dyno’d at 385bhp. I don’t know if Stratton have uprated theirs, but their figure may be based on old Lotus claims from the Bahar era (eg. 444PS).

All original GTEs were IPS semi-autos? I understood they were a relatively troublesome/problematic automated manual. I think my car now has one of these development units in standard manual form. Isn’t the IPS a torque converter auto?

All original GTEs were LHD. We know of 8 RHD. Even the car The Stig drove for Top Gear back in the day was RHD.

All GTEs were sold before they were built. I doubt that more than a couple, if any, were sold. Most were loaned to Bahar chums etc. Some never left Lotus. Otherwise how come about 25 were back languishing in the Hethel car-park within a year or so of production?

The GTEs were built to GT3 regulations. There was no GT3 category at Le Mans in 2011. The GTE category was based on GT2 regulations.

• Haha 1

hi everyone, I’m an ex lotus owner (elise exige and evora). after the lotus experience I’ve  bought a nissan gtr... so I love sport cars but, I felt in love with the gte at the first sight... Now I’d like to ask you, ehat do you think about gte, how is the car. is it different compared to an evora s?

at last, the mandory kit costs over 50.000€, if I buy it I’ll do a fake gte?

There is at least 1 GTE for sale in the UK. If you bought the one at Hofmann's and got them to fit the CC TVS1900 before collection you would have one very epic car.

Sorry for being dim, but what is CC TVS 1900?

My GTE is for sale here https://www.georgemackay.co.uk/used-cars/lotus-evora-3-5-vvt-i-v6-s-20-coupe-2dr-edinburgh-201902235229603 and although not mentioned in the advert, it has the Komo-tec upgrade to 430bhp

• Like 1

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

It is a Harrop developed supercharger and charge cooler for the exige and evora v6. Made with input from ssc - a aussie Lotus dealer. A fantastic upgrade, i had my non cc version installed by Hofmanns. Love it!

1 hour ago, bingoking said:

Sorry for being dim, but what is CC TVS 1900?

• Like 1

thanks for the answers! what I'd like to understand is if you hear a difference between an evora s and a gt350 at driving level. the gt350 is wider with revised suspension, do you feel the difference? the mansory kit is the same aesthetically but has spacers and does not change the suspension ... will it have a worse guide?

@bravo thank you, I’ll ask to him!

@LotusLeftLotusRight yes, it was the #4...It was a terrible mistake... I didn’t buy it because it was to expansive...😭😭😭

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

How about a Stratton one? LHD too.

interesting but I live in Italy and therefore I am worried about engine maintenance ... then they should be 2 + 0 and I would prefer 2 + 2 for children ...
very beautiful in any case !!! even the interiors ... I think they are pre 2012 and I did not understand if the suspension is changed ...

As you can see from the Registry, there were only four 2+2 cars. 2 RHD and 2 LHD including mine. The other one was sold to Switzerland, so you could try and track that one down.

The 2+2 is very useful. I have just spent a family weekend away, with our 11 and 13 year-old kids squashed in the back.

29 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

As you can see from the Registry, there were only four 2+2 cars. 2 RHD and 2 LHD including mine. The other one was sold to Switzerland, so you could try and track that one down.

The 2+2 is very useful. I have just spent a family weekend away, with our 11 and 13 year-old kids squashed in the back.

I have two children of 6 and 5 years so 2 + 2 is almost mandatory ... I consider you really lucky, also because I practically had it but then I changed my mind ... a curiosity, how are the interiors? I only have the photos of the car before they were rebuilt ... the interior was all white