free hit
counters
Evora GTE Registry - Page 42 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TBD

Evora GTE Registry

1 minute ago, 21gg said:

Cheers Justin, what were you in? Its funny, a lot people don't know what it is, even some die hard lotus fans. With the Bicester trip and getting it serviced its now got 500 miles more!

I was in my 12c, which is just shy of 28,000 miles. It was too wet when I started out from Surrey to take the 340R. Great to see so many Lotus (Excel, plenty Esprit, Evora - yours was wow! - Elan 26, Elise) and some lovely Jaguars. Too many Porsche for my liking but the green 930 with matching green trim, circa 1980, appealed.

Justin 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I just found that #20 is for sale. Some calculations and discussions with better half is needed now.

• Like 1

Lovely car good luck with your discussions...

55 minutes ago, Jukka said:

I just found that #20 is for sale. Some calculations and discussions with better half is needed now.

Good luck. You will obviously be looking for a LHD.

Mine is #8 a RHD and is for sale here at this dealership.

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Yes good luck. It has been for sale for most of its life, so not new to the market. Ishy above was the first owner, so can tell you all you need to know. I am sure it will be perfect. Of those 20 Lotus Motorsport cars, 12 were originally bought by guys on here, but I think only a couple of us still own them.

29 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Fab :wub:

I've been in that car. It is totally immaculate and bloody lovely. All the stripes etc are all painted on by the factory and lacquered over.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Like C8RKH I have been in the car the last time it was for sale and totally agree the car is stunning and probably as good as the day it came out of Motorsport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Like C8RKH I have been in the car the last time it was for sale and totally agree the car is stunning and probably as good as the day it came out of Motorsport.

I still own the car and it’s with this dealer on sale or return so if it doesn’t sell this time I will keep it. 🥰

• Like 2

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Yes, I'am looking for LHD. We have RHD Elise (Wifes car), it's not best solution here. And Evora is much wider, so more complex to use. So, #20 is interesting.

I have spent some hours to read this thread, mainly I tried to understand what GTE is. Of course I have seen all comments before.

To get car registered here in Finland the CoC is mandatory and also EU-level type approval is needed. Is it so that GTE is officially Evora S? If so, then registration should be easy. I have bought N/A Evora from Italy, so I should know the prosedure.

My current Evora, N/A IPS 2011, is like 'semi-daily' driver. I mean it is used all year round when needed. Not sure if I can do this with GTE.

My countrys stubid car tax is something I have to take into consideration. This tax will be about 40%!! calculated from cars average value.

As far as i am aware they all say evora s or evora s sport racer on the v5. There are ones that were pre registered, ie 11 and 12 plate like mine. The later ones i belive were sva'd similar to a kit car so i would check to see if you can get a coc for them. I suspect not. 

Gav 

1 hour ago, 21gg said:

As far as i am aware they all say evora s or evora s sport racer on the v5. There are ones that were pre registered, ie 11 and 12 plate like mine. The later ones i belive were sva'd similar to a kit car so i would check to see if you can get a coc for them. I suspect not. 

Gav 

So for Finland an early car with a split invoice then, say 60K for the car plus 40K for 'additional preparation work'.

Something like that, probably. So #20 is not for me, unfortunately. #11 is in German reg. So if I want GTE, it should be earlier than #11.

I'll ask from Lotus about CoC. 

If you can get a coc i presume youre ok. Now if one is registered as an evora s then surely its value is theortically less. You need to clarify if you can get a coc. 

Thomas' one was pre registered which helped him registered i. Germany . 

R20 been sold at Auction for 69k to Komotec going to be interesting what they do to it, I have been in the car last time it was for sale and it was stunning inside and out, just don’t understand why it sold at a such a low price?

I think both gte on pistonhead are overrated! the #20’s reserve was 69k and it  has been sold at 69k...

Wow one of the most iconic cars to come out of Lotus Motorsport in there recent history and now the department as sadly gone, come on only 20 built. I think you are being a bit disingenuous to one of the best cars if not the best to come out of Hethel in the 30 years 

It will be very interesting to see what Komo-Tec do with #20 and whether they will retail it or have they bought it on behalf of a customer. If the latter we might never know what the re-sale price is and the true value. It certainly won't be re-sold at £69k (circa. €80). What will the on the road costs be in Germany, will they have to charge VAT for example? £69k is not a true reflection of the value of this car or any of the original 20 GTE's produced by Lotus.

• Like 2