free hit
counters
Evora GTE Registry - Page 43 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora GTE Registry

• Gold FFM

Ah, Mr Ferguson's old car. I knew head two (white and the carbon one) but had not realised he's had three!  Lucky, lucky man! :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The DVLA managed to register my car a little quicker than I expected so I was able to collect it on Friday. A very special day for me and a very special car. A big thanks to Russell and his team at Lo

GTE #15 has just landed in the south of France  :

THx, I've already passed the information to Komotec. To end the week on a better note, Komotec are certain that GTE #11 will return. Probably better than ever.

Posted Images

I'm not sure if the interior was completely changed during the 2015 refit but it doesn't look like #10

20200121_142251.jpg

Always the same question: is it possible to convert an evora s to a gte? yes, the mansory bodykit cost more or less 50.000€ + vat + labour anda there are no problem, if someone has got money... but the wider wishbone? Is it possible buy them from lotus? and the wheels?

I'm still in love with the gte and I think I'll buy one or make one...

Andrea, “your” car is still in my garage.

How about one of the 4 Stratton GTs? They’re all LHD. The pound has fallen against the euro, they’ve been for sale for a year or so, Coronavirus has hit and Stratton has just taken the prices off their website, so they must be getting pretty desperate to sell. Maybe all the stars are aligning for you. That is assuming you can register and use it in Italy. Otherwise wait for another UK LHD owner to sell, or ask on here. I wouldn’t try and build a replica. It’s a bottomless pit of money like aerobat on here. Good luck.

Edit: Mansory themselves were promoting a yellow LHD GTE last year. It’s on their website under Lotus. Might be worth a phone call to see if it is for sale? Otherwise they could make you another.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I wouldn’t try and build a replica

And my understanding is that the wider wishbones are not available. Anywhere.

Hope you do get a GTE Andrea as they are wonderful cars :) Live your dream buddy.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@LotusLeftLotusRight your car is amazing but to expansive now for me... and it isn't 2+2! the 2+2 gte are very rare! I know is expansive also make a replica, but I could spend money not in one time...

I've asked about stratton gt, but I'm not convinced about it, very beautiful car but still a replica in my opinion (they did 5 car, how many sold? one? very strange... why only one?)

@C8RKH I'm asking here about the wishbones because I think that it' very difficult or impossible get them from lotus...

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, acchan said:

@C8RKH I'm asking here about the wishbones because I think that it' very difficult or impossible get them from lotus...

Yup, and I'm telling you you cannot get them. End of. Stratton bought the last spares up.

22 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Yup, and I'm telling you you cannot get them. End of. Stratton bought the last spares up.

so sad... so I can't make a real gte!!!

1 minute ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Yes it is 2+2.

sorry... wich is yours? LHD or RHD?

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, acchan said:

so sad... so I can't make a real gte!!!

No. But Stratton has 4 continuation models for sale right now and there is a deal to be done surely. Even including putting the rear seats back in I'm sure....

That would require stripping the car back to the chassis. Isn't gonna happen unless some very serious £ are involved! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

So all the Chassis where +0's then? Had not realised that.

• Gold FFM

So the Stratton ones could have the rear seat belt anchor points then? Or of course, could not..... :)

40 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So the Stratton ones could have the rear seat belt anchor points then? Or of course, could not..... :)

no, the stratton cars have the vehicle registration 2+0 and I think it’s impossible change it

Mine and its lhd twin, lotusleftlotusright lhd and the black rhd newcastle car are the only 2+2s. 

The fact i wanted a rhd 2+2 only gave me choice of all black or mine. 

Ive never kept a car this long before, still love it! 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I believe it’s one of those cars that if you sell, you will regret it the moment the novelty wears off the new car you replaced it with! 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, acchan said:

Always the same question: is it possible to convert an evora s to a gte? yes, the mansory bodykit cost more or less 50.000€ + vat + labour anda there are no problem, if someone has got money... but the wider wishbone? Is it possible buy them from lotus? and the wheels?

I'm still in love with the gte and I think I'll buy one or make one...

I know exactly where you're coming from.   No GTE's were sent to North America, so I had to build one, as you are asking about.   I started with a LHD Evora S IPS, and made it into a GTE/ GT350 replica.   Not exactly popular with original owners, who felt that replicas might reduce the value of the original cars.   All my parts are OME, either from Lotus or Mansory.   Living in North America, the parts were ordered through a company called British Racing Group, although they are no longer in business.   You can check out the build on this forum, going back to March 2016.   Just search "Aerobat's Evora Project".

• Like 2