free hit
counters
More drama 85 S3T.. - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

More drama 85 S3T..

Managed to dig the car out of the snow today and take a look at a few issues. My GOD the PO would have destroyed a perfectly good car if he had had more time in ownership.

Believe it or not, the PO (the guy in town that bought it in 08/2006 from VA) has cocked it up so bad in 3 months of ownership, no wonder he sold it out of frustration. :P Good thing for me, and for the car, it seems.. :P

List so far:

-Had white plastic dryer hose from airbox to turbo inlet :P

-Has removed the vacuum and boost lines from the dizzy :)

-God knows how the rest of the vacuum lines are sorted out. :P

-Has throttle jack and FP microswitch bent out the way and non functioning :D

-Has carb throttle adjuster so loose that it takes 2mm of throttle movement for the second carb to actuate :D

-The jet covers on the DHLAs where the pressure balancing tubes fit have been over torqued and one the thread boss is broken, the other is stripped :P:P:)

So now I need to get new DHLA jet coverplates .. anyone have any they want to part with?

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jan, sounds like the fine craftsmanship I got included with my car :D

On mine, 90% of the vacuum lines were off leaving open ports, the vacuum advance /retard capsule was missing from the distributor leaving the baseplate to freely move around, the arm from the throttle jack microswitch was missing, all the A/C components were gone, and the cam tower was so overtightened it was warped and 5 off the threads were stripped.

Oh and the reversing light switch was missing, it had a eastern european coil (Lada)?, a brand of oil filter made for a tractor, a leaking water pump and non speed rated tyres. :D

All fixed now :P

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Jan, sounds like the fine craftsmanship I got included with my car :)

On mine, 90% of the vacuum lines were off leaving open ports, the vacuum advance /retard capsule was missing from the distributor leaving the baseplate to freely move around, the arm from the throttle jack microswitch was missing, all the A/C components were gone, and the cam tower was so overtightened it was warped and 5 off the threads were stripped.

Oh and the reversing light switch was missing, it had a eastern european coil (Lada)?, a brand of oil filter made for a tractor, a leaking water pump and non speed rated tyres. :(

All fixed now :)

I am glad there are people around, like all of here us here, to save the world from Lotus wreckers... :)

heres a pic of the car for anyone interested...

post-88-1165175672.jpg

Edited by f1karting

black :) At least it looks good B)

funny exhaust there eh...

GOLD WHEELS!!!

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Ahhhhhh.....brings back memories.

You know my Esprit's story Jan but mine did not come with a dryer hose!!! I hope yours is not as bad as mine was and I glad you rescued the Esprit.

I just don't get it. Why do Stupid PO's do this to exotic cars? We have SPO's bring in Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche's to our shop on the weekend expecting us to fix their car because their too damn cheap to take proper take care of the car. These are nice cars and don't deserve to be treated like an old Buick. Hell an old Buick deserves some respect.

Ok I'll stop now before I get too wound up.

Louis

'83 Turbo

black :lol: At least it looks good B)

funny exhaust there eh...

GOLD WHEELS!!!

Borla SS exhaust.. nice touch and has a decent sound to boot!!

Gold wheels I am not sure if Ill go that route yet.. I was thinking of just buzzing the top faces of the spokes to expose the nice BBS spokes.

Black is my fave, as is yellow and silver.. for some reason I like the esprit in those colors.

J

Nice pic Jan. Glad to see its in great hands now. All the best with your project and keep us posted with the refurbishments :(

thanks Kylie

Ahhhhhh.....brings back memories.

You know my Esprit's story Jan but mine did not come with a dryer hose!!! I hope yours is not as bad as mine was and I glad you rescued the Esprit.

I just don't get it. Why do Stupid PO's do this to exotic cars? We have SPO's bring in Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche's to our shop on the weekend expecting us to fix their car because their too damn cheap to take proper take care of the car. These are nice cars and don't deserve to be treated like an old Buick. Hell an old Buick deserves some respect.

Ok I'll stop now before I get too wound up.

Louis

'83 Turbo

So how is your car doing these days? havnt talked with you for a while...J