free hit
counters
Which/Where to buy a new battery from - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Frimley111R

Which/Where to buy a new battery from

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's a Varta 72Ah Blue Dynamic and £137 + VAT from Lotus. A quick google shows them at less than half that price elsewhere.

Those OEM Varta batteries only seem to last around 3 years, mine went the same way as yours a few months ago but B&C sorted me out a new OEM battery  :thumbup:

£65.50 delivered!  :)

• Like 1

Hey Ross, how did you get on with the battery...all back and running for the weekend? :)

I have had 2 die in the Evoras about the 3 year old mark.  Seems to be built in death wish age and I remember the dealer saying it doesn't matter on the use it just seems the life of them.  I went for another brand one and as offshore can't remember but somebody like Bosch & it was less than Lotus at the time and better AH and better warranty as a full 3 years.  Biggest issue was finding one which fits the battery compartment height wise.  It is a tight old space if you go looking elsewhere so take dimensions.

Mine went suddenly at just over 3 years too. Don't remember what make I got but Eurocarparts were by far the cheapest and next day delivery too.

Mine feels like it is on its way out after 3+ years. Looks like Varta do the blue E43 at 72Ah / 680CCA with 4 year warranty or the silver E38 at 74Ah / 750CCA with 5 year warranty. The equivalent Bosch are the S4007 and the S5007. Any views out there as to which to go for?

• Like 1

Got mine from the ebay link, arrived the next day. CBA to work out which one might be better slightly than another. It's just a battery

Just ordered a new battery, will fit it at the weekend. Idiot question incoming - does it arrive ready charged or do I have to charge it?? Last time I got motorbike battery I had to add the acid and leave it a few hours...

Mine feels like it is on its way out after 3+ years. Looks like Varta do the blue E43 at 72Ah / 680CCA with 4 year warranty or the silver E38 at 74Ah / 750CCA with 5 year warranty. The equivalent Bosch are the S4007 and the S5007. Any views out there as to which to go for?

I've just replaced my original OEM Varta Blue E43 with a Silver E38. I can confirm the physical dimensions are identical. It cost £68 versus £65 for the E43 - seemed worth the extra £3 for bigger capacity and longer warranty.

While replacing it I noticed that one of the battery terminal clamps had started to split. It doesn't appear to be a commonly available style, as there's an attached bar and stud which the cables bolt onto, rather than the more common wire clamp. Apart from the official Lotus part (A13212M6186F for the positive one) has anyone found a suitable direct replacement?

• Like 1