free hit
counters
A bit of history. - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
johnpwalsh

A bit of history.

During my search for history of my old Eclat which most of you know as Banana due to her bright yellow paintwork I was sent the copied newsclip regarding a vist to Hethel by Noel Edmund's. It's an interesting read as it mentions Keith Chegwins S3 coming off the production line, Edmunds was delivering the Bond Esprit back to the factory for a service, the controversial Type 88 in John Players Special colours which Edmunds was alowed to drive on the track at Hethel only after being given permission from Colin Chapman . The other interesting factor for me was the fact that in the background, clearly visible is Andrew Fergusons Gold Eclat. Andrew was being interviewed at the time by Edmunds and the Gold Eclat is in fact my old Banana before her restoration and repaint.

Memory fails me but I am sure it was loose cannon who sent it too me. Thanks.

post-12149-0-40028300-1422083778.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

must say the Gold appearance suits the car and very this, when behind a JPS  :wub:

Cool find!

Hi Don, the plan was if I had kept her I would have gone back to original but with too many cars at the time (11) I advertised a few and she went to a very good home where she is again being pampered by her new owner. Now down to just the four Lotus, the wives Elan M100, my Esprit S4 and a couple of Exels waiting on restoration so much less space required.

Hi John, yes it was me who scanned the pic.

I spent a few days (literally!) scanning the entire collection of Club Team Lotus magazines from the period, 8 years' worth I think. In there I recognised your car and also Johnny the Pits' white dry sump Turbo, who now has an early pic of his car at Brands. I'm sure other member's cars are probably in there too

The above pic shows what goldmines must be in the BBC archives if only someone could be bothered to repeat them (if the idiots haven't taped over them!). There was also a fantastic half hour slot about the Ford GT40 on Swap Shop one time (as Noel was an owner), never to be seen again.

Hi Mark, yep I thought it was you but forgot to put a note on it at the time. Since then I have probably spent hrs anhrs trying to find film footage via the archives and several other avenues but no luck, it must be on vidoe somewhere I even tried through Noesl fan club but no response which is a shame. Never mind, it may turn up at some point.

Thanks again.

I spent a few days (literally!) scanning the entire collection of Club Team Lotus magazines from the period, 8 years' worth I think. 

:D Have done the same... in best cases we have done different years ;)